Secret ER sign

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Pulled from another forum:
We should have a t-shirt or a secret sign.

All kidding aside, I've sometimes wondered whether this would be worthwhile. After all, there are a LOT of registered members, although not that many are regular posters here.

In days gone by, Mensa, the high IQ society, had a simple low profile recognition symbol, a little yellow map pin stuck in the lapel. I don't know if it was really effective, but it was at least distinctive and unobtrusive.

IRL, I've only met one other ER member, but we had an enjoyable dinner together and I've often thought it would be fun to meet others. Out here in flyover country that's not too likely but you never know. Perhaps something I could wear when traveling? Apart from a safety pin attaching half a used dryer sheet to my clothing?

Worthwhile idea?

Suggestions for a signal mechanism?

Obviously, the secret handshake would just be used to confirm you were authorized to wear the secret sign.

Obviously, the secret handshake would just be used to confirm you were authorized to wear the secret sign.
Works for me.

When I'm out running errands and I see someone smiling for no reason, I think they could be early retirees. :)

Yeah, what variations of secret handshake will indicate the various degrees of ERdom?

Or is it the size of the grin?

I'm game if we can think of something.

I'm game if we can think of something.
In the meantime, if you see a guy with white socks, plaid shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, it is me.

How about a silly walk?

Attachments

• silly-walk.jpg
    silly-walk.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 358
Yes! Maybe a subtle lapel pin like this:

Attachments

• Retired.JPG
    Retired.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 351

Two-factor authentication.......because you can never be too sure!

:police:

Two-factor authentication.......because you can never be too sure!

In some cases you can. The one who says "I'm buying" is an impostor.
The one who says "Are you buying?" is genuine.

In the meantime, if you see a guy with white socks, plaid shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, it is me.
I wear Hawaiian socks, white shorts, and a plaid shirt, just so no one confuses us.

I don't know about secret handshakes since I don't shake hands much. Used to but not anymore as retired. It's more "hi" or if old friends a hug.

earlyretirement_logo1.gif

But I would occasionally wear a t-shirt with the green flower-image from here discretly placed where others have the smal crocodile or tractor or whatever is the in brand these days.

I can usually spot them in a jiffy, using my handy dandy early-retirement.org secret decoder ring that I wear on my right pinky finger.

You know, the one you get on your one year anniversary of membership here.

I don't know about secret handshakes since I don't shake hands much. Used to but not anymore as retired. It's more "hi" or if old friends a hug.

earlyretirement_logo1.gif

But I would occasionally wear a t-shirt with the green flower-image from here discretly placed where others have the smal crocodile or tractor or whatever is the in brand these days.

I thought those were leaves of the marijuana plant... After all, early retirees are mostly blissed out.

I can usually spot them in a jiffy, using my handy dandy early-retirement.org secret decoder ring that I wear on my right pinky finger.

You know, the one you get on your one year anniversary of membership here.

Waaaaaht? I didn't get mine :D

Back
Top Bottom