Join Early Retirement Today

Seeking Nashville Entertainment Advice
Old 03-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Seeking Nashville Entertainment Advice

My DGF and I will be spending 4 nights in Nashville for our first time. We researched heavily (all the credit goes to her), will be staying downtown, and so far have scheduled Dinner at Midtown Cafe, Music City Legends Walking Tour, Backstage Tour of Ryman Theater, as well as a Concert there, Country Music Hall of Fame/RCA Studio B, Johnny Cash Museum, Belmont Mansion, and a tour of Andrew Jackson Hermitage. So now we're seeking nighttime music, entertainment and favorite Restaurants.

Thanks so much !

Rich
Richard4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Your itinerary is pretty rocking. My favorite Monday night is 3rd and Lindslay (off Lafayette & 5th) where the Time Jumpers plays--Vince Gill's hobby band. Their talent lineup every night is extremely strong.
Tuesday night at 7:00 pm, it's Doyle & Debbie at the Station Inn on South 12th. They are comedians that happen to be the best singers you've ever heard while doing naughty paradies of country music. See StationInn.com. \
Other nights, you can just hit the big honky tonks of South Broadway at the Cumberland River--at 3rd Ave. and 4th Ave. They have incredible talent every night playing.
Depending on the night, there is often music showcases for charity where future stars are showcased for the industry insiders. There used to be a bar one night per week where Grechen Wilson and Big & Rich would be there.
Although I live 2 hours south of Nashville, it was a great place for me to grow up in. Where else can you go to church on Easter Sunday and sit beside Brenda Lee? My high school sweetheart ended up being Dolly Parton's sister in law.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #3

Thanks Bamaman - that's very informative !

Very much appreciated, Rich
Old 03-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Consider a tour of the stars homes. There are several to choose from so you probably should do a bit of research.
A few years ago we took a "Tommy's Tour" and it was great. We had the actual "Tommy" as our driver/guide. Not only does he know his Nashville facts, but he certainly could work as a comedian if he wanted.
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #5

Foodies?

Bastion; Catbird Seat (Early reservations), Rolf & Daughters, City House, bastion (early reservations), etc. (Otaku Ramen, Little Octopus, are good cheaper options in the gulch.) New high end chinese at Tànsuŏ, backed by Chef Maneet Chauhan of Chauhan Ale and Masala House--both in the Gulch) For a filling, inexpensive no frills, but GREAT meal, try Martin's BBQ Joint just a few blocks south of Broadway--whole hog melt in your mouth....

Fancy, good Bars? Pinewood social, Bar 305, Old Glory; patterson house (if you can get in)

Country music fans (I'm not) can just hang on Broadway as suggested by Bamaman.

For other genres, in addition to 3d and Lindsley, check out Marathon Music works and the Mercy Lounge Complex, among many others. We expect in retirement to be able to attend cheap music events nearly every night if we wish.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:04 PM   #6

I'd check to see if The Mattoid or Birdcloud are in town. Both are musicians on the edgy side; DW thinks I'm retarded for enjoying them. So maybe check them out on YouTube or iTunes before attending a show.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #7

If you have a meal time left consider Demo's downtown. Some of the best Italian food around at very reasonable prices. Their steaks are comparable to Ruth Chris at about a fifth the price.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #8

We really enjoyed the Bluebird Cafe. Need to check best way to get a seat. We did not have advance tickets but got there early and got seats.
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:43 AM   #9

Much thanks for all the great suggestions - I'll be researching these suggestions and look forward to a fun trip !

Rich