Senator seeks tax on pimps, prostitutes

Re: Senator seeks tax on pimps, prostitutes

Sen. Grassley is a good man
... agreed!  and while there it's just too easy to let this pass without a couple of chuckles, i pay more than my fair share of taxes, assume that most here do as well, and i would fully expect our government to collect from everyone else, regardless of their "profession".

mickeyd said:
Damn it, why does Uncle Sam find a need to interfere with my social life?

Cause they figure taxing your lifestyle will plug up our deficit. Keep up your hot activities. :LOL: ;)

Sorry, I was a bit late to this party. Hope I don't get hit with a late tax.

My advice for those who get laid, be sure you get your taxes paid...

With deepest apologies to George Harrison... :p

uh last I checked EVERYONE must pay taxes on earnings so they are already supposed to be taxed. This proposal would have to make prostitution and pimping legal. It should be. What goes on between two consenting adults is their business not the government's.

This proposal would have to make prostitution and pimping legal/quote] not so, taxes are due on all income whether legal or not (which does, of course, raise an interesting question or two)

d-That's what I said in the first line.

my point was simply that illegal income is taxable, making income taxable does not make it legal

Hey, Bill Buckley and Milton Friedman, to mention a couple of conservative names, were for legalization of drugs 20 years ago.  Then tax it.  Probably reduce the deficit.  :D I like sin taxes, as long as it's not my sins.  So, eliminate all wine taxes.

Eagle43 said:
Hey, Bill Buckley and Milton Friedman, to mention a couple of conservative names, were for legalization of drugs 20 years ago.

Eagle 43: The "War on Drugs" doesn't work, and never will. Talk to anybody in law-enforcement, Cops on the Beat, Judges, etc.,
with rare exception, they'll agree that "legalization" will have to eventually happen. It may not happen in my lifetime, or yours, but with the amount of money, crime, etc. wrapped up in enforcement of this unenforcable problem, my kids and yours will probably be around when we collectively figure out that we have been on the wrong path for years, and years.

But what about "law and order"?

(This is sarcasm... ;))

One should travel to Amsterdam to see how legalized prostitution can work.   It is all very civil. The women are licensed, rent windows just like a business, must go through regular health checks, and have resources to call on (i.e. bouncers to turf shoplifters or abusers on the street).  Doubt there is any extortion or abuse or pimping going on there at all.

FWIW, prostitution is legal in Canada, but soliciting is not legal.  Thus the women cannot set up shop with an appropriate business license and the protection of the law as it would normally apply.  For some reason, our politicians have not quite got the backbone (stiffness?) to complete the loop on a legitimate (?) business.

Edited for spelling.

AltaRed said:
One should travel to Amsterdam to see how legalized prostitution can work.

It's also legal in Nevada, isn't it?

As for Grassley, I don't like him because he has a hard-on for works to make life more difficult for US citizens living abroad.

Bpp

AltaRed said:
One should travel to Amsterdam to see how legalized prostitution can work.   It is all very civil. The women are licensed, rent windows just like a business, must go through regular health checks, and have resources to call on (i.e. bouncers to turf shoplifters or abusers on the street).  Doubt there is any extortion or abuse or pimping going on there at all.
Isn't Canal Street wonderful? Best Window shopping in the world....

Startled me the first time I took a walk down there. Hmmm...televisions, couches, people eating in a restaurant, woman in lingerie....waitaminit! HI!

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Startled me the first time I took a walk down there. Hmmm...televisions, couches, people eating in a restaurant, woman in lingerie....waitaminit! HI!

Yeah, sure it startled you.

So startled I learned the moonwalk in 1.2 seconds...

Eagle43 said:
Isn't Canal Street wonderful? Best Window shopping in the world....

Very nice indeed. Those evenings helped to de-stress after a busy day in business meetings. :D :D :D

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
So startled I learned the moonwalk in 1.2 seconds...

That doesn't tell me much because you didn't say which way you were facing. :)

Back
Top Bottom