Serious Holiday Shopping - Duh!

Likely they will never sort this out, but I would like to see some manslaughter indictments come out of this event.

Just one more reason to stay as far as you can from downscale shopping experiences.

Ha

How can those people (the shoppers) live with themselves after this? It seems like there would be a large number who wouldn't know whether they contributed to this or not.....How can they enjoy what they bought after this?

Full disclosure: I've just been a worker bee my entire life, never been a manager. But shouldn't a manager MANAGE? Shouldn't they be required to plan ahead and develop strategies for dealing with the rush on Black Friday?

I was actually hoping that there would be a lot of shoppers today since retailers need it so badly. But not at the expense of someone losing their life!
frown.gif

That is one of the reasons why I'm glad I don't live in the NYC area.

How can those people (the shoppers) live with themselves after this? It seems like there would be a large number who wouldn't know whether they contributed to this or not.....How can they enjoy what they bought after this?

Full disclosure: I've just been a worker bee my entire life, never been a manager. But shouldn't a manager MANAGE? Shouldn't they be required to plan ahead and develop strategies for dealing with the rush on Black Friday?

I was actually hoping that there would be a lot of shoppers today since retailers need it so badly. But not at the expense of someone losing their life!
frown.gif

The report I heard said they physically broke down the doors.

frown.gif

You are forgetting mob mentality. When those doors open, no one can manage the crowd.

-- Rita

The report I heard said they physically broke down the doors.
So they would be on video? I would imagine that some of them are proud to have been a part of a major news story. I'm betting on a "Law and Order" "ripped from the headlines" story in a few weeks. Hope the Long Island police are as good. Sick.

Thankfully I never experienced anything like that when I worked at a department store in the '80s...but I can tell you I braced myself when the doors were opened.

I always had a "get away plan"....:p

What a bunch of animals... Do people have any sense of decency anymore?

Back
Top Bottom