Join Early Retirement Today

SF Bay Area E-R.org Meet Up
Old 02-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Dear E-R.org Colleagues-

As you may have read, "FIREd" is leaving the Bay Area and returning with his DW to Alabama this Spring.

I've PMd with him several times over the years and recently suggested that we meet up to give him a proper send-off. So, I'm contacting E-R.org members in the Bay Area to see who's interested in doing that. Nothing fancy, just drinks & some food at "Public House" in AT&T Park near his neighborhood in SF. It's a convenient location with lots of public transit/parking (I live in Marin & will likely ferry/walk there). The date is open but, will be sometime between 20 Feb - 10 March, depending on your feedback.

Pls PM me and let me know if you're interested; if so, let me know if any particular date/time works best for you. Based on the response, I will make any arrangements & let you know the when/where.

Note that some of you in the SF Bay Area have already received PMs from me so, this is just a wider cast for those who might be interested.

Regards...
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Far from the Madding Crowds!
Old 02-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #2

Far from the Madding Crowds!

PLEASE---DON'T ALL RESPOND AT ONCE!!!

Just a bump of this thread to see if there's any interest.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

how many stars do you need to qualify? I'm in Martinez
Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBug View Post
how many stars do you need to qualify? I'm in Martinez
One or more. You're in!

See my PM with details on maintaining contact.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

"Huston55, message sent to you"
Come Help Send Off "FIREd"
Old 02-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #6

Come Help Send Off "FIREd"

Dear E-R.org Colleagues-

You're invited to attend an E-R.org Meet-Up to give a proper 'adios' to "FIREd" before he and his DW head off to Alibamy.

When: 7 March 2017, Noon
Where: Public House (AT&T Park), San Francisco

Come join us for some drinks, food & conversation to wish FIREd & his DW the best as they leave our beloved City by the Bay and head off for Sweet Home Alabama. It's very casual & is pay your own way.

Hope to see you there. Feel free to PM me to confirm your attendance or if you have a question.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post
Dear E-R.org Colleagues-

You're invited to attend an E-R.org Meet-Up to give a proper 'adios' to "FIREd" before he and his DW head off to Alibamy.

When: 7 March 2017, Noon
Where: Public House (AT&T Park), San Francisco

Come join us for some drinks, food & conversation to wish FIREd & his DW the best as they leave our beloved City by the Bay and head off for Sweet Home Alabama. It's very casual & is pay your own way.

Hope to see you there. Feel free to PM me to confirm your attendance or if you have a question.
Reminder to bump the thread. Hope to see you Tuesday @ Noon.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #8

BEST PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!

Actually, it was very tame but, I got your attention. And, we did enjoy ourselves. FIREd, Firebug & I met @ Public House on SF to wish FIREd & his DW all the best with their upcoming relo to Alibamy.

Sounds like everything is organized for the trip; would you expect any less from an E-R.org member?! [emoji849]

If you're wondering what we talked about...it was like having several E-R.org thread discussions simultaneously but, face to face. [emoji12]. Very enjoyable.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #9

That's great! Nice work getting it done. Hope your trip to Bama goes great FIREd. Quite a change.

I'd love to have a ER meet up in N Texas but far be it from me to actually organize anything.

Muir
Old 03-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post
BEST PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!

Actually, it was very tame but, I got your attention. And, we did enjoy ourselves. FIREd, Firebug & I met @ Public House on SF to wish FIREd & his DW all the best with their upcoming relo to Alibamy.

Sounds like everything is organized for the trip; would you expect any less from an E-R.org member?! [emoji849]

If you're wondering what we talked about...it was like having several E-R.org thread discussions simultaneously but, face to face. [emoji12]. Very enjoyable.

Excellent! Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Best wishes to FIREd for a successful move!
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the good wishes.

It was a great lunch. Thank you for organizing it, Huston55.

After reading people's posts for a few years, it's as if you already know them a little. When I meet ER.org members, I am always surprised how easy the contact is and how naturally the conversation flows. So far I have only had the pleasure to meet great, intelligent people from this site, so don't hesitate to meet-up with fellow ER.org posters if you have the opportunity.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote