Join Early Retirement Today

Share your experience with AARP insurance
Old 06-27-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Share your experience with AARP insurance

Good morning, fellow FIREers,

I was thumbing through my AARP newsletter, (soon to be used to keep freshly caught fish from sliding around while being filleted), and saw an ad for their auto insurance.

When it comes to auto, and home etc. I am at least as concerned about how they handle claims, as I am about the premium cost.

Any happy, or unhappy stories you can relate, regarding having used AARP sponsored home and auto insurance?

Thanks,

HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2018, 08:43 AM   #2

Having managed a Collision repair shop for about 20 years, I dealt with Hartford Insurance on many occasions and can vouch for their service. They gave the owners the choice of which parts they wanted on the repairs(OEM vs Aftermarket) and were easy to work with on collision repairs. I have not had any experience on the homeowners side of their claims. They are competitive with other major insurers, but not the most cost effective.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I have AARP Hartford car insurance and I am very happy how they handled my one claim.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:33 AM   #4

We compared AARP’s dental plan with buying direct from Delta Dental. We saved $14/mo buying direct. I recommend you compare their cost of auto and homeowners insurance with buying direct from the company. AARP likely wants their cut.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #5

AARP earns a licensing fee from every vendor who wants to use their logo. They have no business interest in the vendor. So, the question is not AARP Hartford. But Hartford and their customer service, and the products they sell.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

I've had AARP-Hartford for auto home and umbrella for many years, always excellent service and they handled my claims well. Several friends recently switched there too, with good cost savings.
greydog17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydog17 View Post
I've had AARP-Hartford for auto home and umbrella for many years, always excellent service and they handled my claims well. Several friends recently switched there too, with good cost savings.
+1, we switched about 4 years ago.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #8

Great to know, I'll be sending AARP a lot of my business soon!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #9

< Mod Hat On >

The political posts... and discussion of the political posts... were removed from this thread.
Please stay on topic of insurance, not political leanings.

< Mod Hat Off >