Should have used it on himself...

The most I ever drank occurred when I went to a party as a drunk. IIRC I drank an entire fifth of vodka (which is especially much since I usually only had a few beers). I passed out and spent the night at the party, and woke up with a new girlfriend.

Thinking on it more, I'm sort of torn on this, amusing as it is in some sense. On the one hand, he deserves the punishment that's coming if he's indeed guilty. On the other hand, the guy's only 19 and I'd hate to think his life, future livelihood and career potential have been permanently damaged by doing a really stupid thing in youth. I suspect a fair number of us did really stupid things that young, and we either (a) were lucky enough to get away with it or (b) got busted for it many years ago before it became a scarlet letter that followed us for life.

Thinking on it more, I'm sort of torn on this, amusing as it is in some sense. On the one hand, he deserves the punishment that's coming if he's indeed guilty. On the other hand, the guy's only 19 and I'd hate to think his life, future livelihood and career potential have been permanently damaged by doing a really stupid thing in youth. I suspect a fair number of us did really stupid things that young, and we either (a) were lucky enough to get away with it or (b) got busted for it many years ago before it became a scarlet letter that followed us for life.

I understand where you are coming from and I did plenty of stupid things in my youth including getting blitzed far too many times. However me and my mates never ever did drink driving. We always had a completely sober driver or took taxis or walked. I can't remember the drink driving penalties back in the 70's but it wasn't the penalties that mattered, it was the possibility of killing someone. Even 19 year olds should be smart enough to realize that possibility.

Back
Top Bottom