Should I call or wait?

Hit yourself in the foot with a sledgehammer. No, it won't resolve your question but it will take your mind off it and give you something else to worry about... :)

Actually I did not want to say this because I did not want to interject this into the mix but your comment, comic relief acknowledged, shows how my comments can be viewed and in a manner different than I thought I stated.

Bottom line, I am not sitting on the edge of my seat wanting her to call, in fact part of me hopes she does not! I sense something odd about her when we spoke. As I mentioned, I thought she was forward but I am quite reserved. I really agonized about this before the initial post because I am comfortable being alone and living a near hermit existence. The last thing I want or would tolerate would be a blabbering clinging woman. Now I have to duck all the stuff flying through the air towards my head! :rolleyes: I can be quite blunt, no offense meant to the ladies here but this was the easiest way to put it! :flowers:

If someone said they would call me, I'd let them make that next move. If they didn't call...eh..."C'est la vie"

edit to add....from a semi-blabbering, non-clinging woman. :angel:

Last edited:
Just get on with your life. She may call, and if she does, see what happens. If she doesn't, nothing lost.

Someone at the door or her husband just walked in the room? Run forest run

The drummer in my band is 65, single and better looking than Richard Gere.

BobAndAlPlay.jpg

He would like to find a girlfriend. He had gotten together a time or two with a woman who happens to live on my street, but he said that she hadn't called back, and it was her turn. So, he hadn't pursued things, figuring she wasn't interested. However, he went to see her after a rehearsal here, and things went well, and they've been seeing each other.

IOW, don't stop just because it's her turn to call you.

.....Maybe I'm paranoid ....

Sounds like you know yourself well. :) just kidding.

Stop fretting. Just call her back if you are really still interested. It may be she wants to be chased a little or find out how interested you are.

Or maybe she was so focused on the doorbell that she forgot that she doesn't have your number so she can't call you back.

Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd "wait" for her to call me and not expect it. Maybe both she and you ventured out of your comfort zones, with no harm done.

Thanks for sharing this adventure with us and humoring us as we weigh in with what we would do (or think we would do:))!

I'm assuming that you don't look like this, which could be a problem:

I'm assuming that you don't look like this, which could be a problem:

:LOL: O jeez, I LOL'd for a minute before I could even hit 'respond'. Too funny!

But I doubt she would have struck up a convo with him if he looked like that, and if she did, well.... maybe they are a match.

But seriously, give it a few days, then try calling her. If she really intended to give you a brush off, it should be pretty obvious. Then you are no worse off than you were - better even as at least you know and can move on. Maybe she did just get distracted, or lost the number or whatever. Never assume, and never say never.

I'm still laughing.:ROFLMAO:

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom