Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #41
Dryer sheet aficionado

The last 2 weeks at work are being tough, the manager of my area came up to me and was giving me a hard time asking me where this is up to and where that's up to but in a very mean tone, the people in my team who have known her for a while say it's because she's taking me leaving + another team member that recently left personally. I think that she is acting very immature. So trying to make it the last 2 weeks. Not long to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 09:47 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

She ought to take staff departures personally as it is her management that is causing the attrition.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #43
Dryer sheet aficionado

Good point Brat. She probably realises at some level that it's because of her.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Tell her that she is unhappy with your work that you can jointly agree to end your work now if she wishes... and give her a wry smile while conveying the message... and hope that she takes you up on it.
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

Look her straight in the face, and say "don't ever talk to me on that disrespectful tone". That'll throw her for a loop.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 08-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #46
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Tell her that she is unhappy with your work that you can jointly agree to end your work now if she wishes... and give her a wry smile while conveying the message... and hope that she takes you up on it.

I like it I like it, I could do with a few days off before I start my new job. Will try this if (when probably) she says something again. Unfortunately I know what she wants is for me to get as much done as possible before I go so I don't think she'll take me up on the offer, it should at least shut her up.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #47
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgonig View Post
Look her straight in the face, and say "don't ever talk to me on that disrespectful tone". That'll throw her for a loop.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I think I'll add this to pbusky's suggestion. I'm looking forward to it now

Old 08-21-2015, 09:38 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Love to hear how the manager handles that!
Old 08-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #49
Dryer sheet aficionado

I was waiting till my manager said something to me again but yesterday she did a total 360 and was really nice too me, too nice other people in the team commented that maybe she's bipolar or something it was so weird. Today my direct manager was in and I told her what had happened with the manager of the area and she just stared at me (because she knows what she's like) and then tried to justify it by saying that 'I've been up and about talking to people a lot' I told her not to try and justify it. I'm trying to hang on for the last few days mostly for my farewell lunch next week but we will see how we go.