Show us your deck/patio pics!

Some place you've got there. Beautiful landscaping and a nice job you did on the deck.

Thanks - I had to replace my old deck - it was rotting. I like the Trex composite - just power wash it and it looks like its new. I'd like to go with more color in the landscape, but we have a deer problem

You have nice decks in FIRE-land! Thanks for the ideas. I have a lot to do. After repairing and expanding the patio, I'd like to add a Pergola and paved walkways to a couple of sitting areas in my yard.

Attachments

• image-3042164977.png
    image-3042164977.png
    622.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image-2938837062.png
    image-2938837062.png
    581 KB · Views: 4
  • image-2311382693.png
    image-2311382693.png
    400.5 KB · Views: 4
Here's ours, very simple:

img_1105387_0_9b2bfc5e66189f61a7c2de77836ecb93.jpg

Yesterday we had dinner on it for the first time in several years. It's rarely warm enough, but yesterday it was 65 degrees.

The screened porch off the kitchen was DW's idea when we had the house built. I use it much more than she does so it was a good idea.:D

The small deck is there for the sole purpose of the grill, which we use often.

Underneath the porch is a large storage shed. That was her idea too. I tell her that I should listen to her more often and naturally she agrees.

Attachments

• Back-porch_08-25-11_4424.jpg
    Back-porch_08-25-11_4424.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Back-porch_08-25-11_4426.jpg
    Back-porch_08-25-11_4426.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Back-porch_08-25-11_4428.jpg
    Back-porch_08-25-11_4428.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Back-porch_08-25-11_4427.jpg
    Back-porch_08-25-11_4427.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2
I'd be too embarrassed. It's in decent shape but it's a plain 10'x14' rectangle with a rail and bench around it, nothing exciting about it. But the deck will be more of a priority in the next house...

Yours is very spacious compared with mine, as you can see. No big deal. It's too hot and humid in New Orleans to sit out there anyway, except sometimes in October. ;)

Attachments

• patio.jpg
    patio.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 183
I was working on mine just today.

Hey Dawg52, I can relate to that. Seems like I've been working on this place since we moved in a year ago. Actually 16 months ago. DW watches Home and Garden all the time and then says "you know what I've been thinking?" You haven't been thinking squat! You've been watching TV. I hate Home and Garden.

Actually, we are finished with the outside. Added a screen room this summer but it's been too hot to use it. Also, just finished the remodel of our master bath and I'll be taking pictures next week of the results. Just waiting for the shower glass.

Last edited:
When it comes to balusters, I highly recommend you ditch the high maintenance wood and install the metal.
Of course for a touch of class you'll need Texas stars on the rails.:dance:
Flowers optional.

img_1105499_0_5f248c60fb1b8d0cb034f3054dac6d59.jpg

Hey Dawg52, I can relate to that. Seems like I've been working on this place since we moved in a year ago. Actually 16 months ago. DW watches Home and Garden all the time and then says "you know what I've been thinking?" You haven't been thinking squat! You've been watching TV. I hate Home and Garden.

:LOL: I know what you mean. We love watching HGTV, but only because we joke and make snide comments about the decorating when it deserves it.

JOHNNIE36 said:
Actually, we are finished with the outside. Added a screen room this summer but it's been too hot to use it. Also, just finished the remodel of our master bath and I'll be taking pictures next week of the results. Just waiting for the shower glass.

Looking forward to it! I might remodel my master bath sometime, if I can ever figure out what I want to do with it.

Merely a small, plain concrete "patio" in back of our little house, but about six years ago I built a screened in gazebo (from a kit) for outdoor relaxing. The Big Green Egg lives in there too, so I can (and do) grill in any weather.

It's octagonal, 16 feet in diameter. There's a ceiling fan in there for when there's no breeze. Since our yard is heavily wooded, the trees give plenty of shade to keep it cool and sheltered. DW loves to sit out there in her wicker rocker and read.

Attachments

• Gazebo.jpg
    Gazebo.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 105
Merely a small, plain concrete "patio" in back of our little house, but about six years ago I built a screened in gazebo (from a kit) for outdoor relaxing. The Big Green Egg lives in there too, so I can (and do) grill in any weather.

It's octagonal, 16 feet in diameter. There's a ceiling fan in there for when there's no breeze. Since our yard is heavily wooded, the trees give plenty of shade to keep it cool and sheltered. DW loves to sit out there in her wicker rocker and read.

Hey, that gabezo really looks serene and comfortable. Nice! Near Cincy huh? We used to live in Fairfield, OH.

Last edited:
I was just in Fairfield yesterday, for a stop at Jungle Jim's. I'm sure you remember that place. World's most interesting supermarket.

I didn't post pictures sooner because I was redoing our backyard. I built the deck about 3 years ago and gave it a good coat of paint. This is what it looks like now:

Last edited:
I didn't post pictures sooner because I was redoing our backyard. I built the deck about 3 years ago and gave it a good coat of paint. This is what it looks like now:
Very nice FD..Also like the containers on the deck. Are those something you made or are they store bought.
DW is looking to do some small scale herb growing up and away from the critters.

Very nice FD..Also like the containers on the deck. Are those something you made or are they store bought.
DW is looking to do some small scale herb growing up and away from the critters.

Thanks. I did buy the containers. I use them in the summer to grow some herbs and vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom