Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Looks more like an outhouse. Are you planning to sell compost?
No compost....but the portable potty DOES appear to be where those pesky leprechauns keep the gold!
VaCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #22
Gone but not forgotten

Mine is my grandson & I'm afraid if I post his picture again I'll be asked to leave the board due to severe jealousy !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

I can barely figure out how to change my avatar so posting my wallpaper is way beyond me. But right now it's a really cool tie-dyed piece I downloaded from the Ben and Jerry's website:

Ben & Jerry's Desktop Stuff
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Showing my wall paper wouldn't be prudent..
....if not prudent...show us sally....
Old 07-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

I think Sally was the sheep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
But right now it's a really cool tie-dyed piece I downloaded from the Ben and Jerry's website
Ben and Jerrys was one of my customers for one of my old sales jobs back east.

About a 6-7 hour drive each way to get there. They never bought anything from me, but they always had me back around to the delivery door and put a box full of ice cream and dry ice in the back.

Plus the trip was worth a brazillion dollars in reimbursed mileage.

I think they gave me about 70 pints the last time I went there. A year later my freezer was still half full of ice cream. I can now bring myself to eat new york superfudge chunk, but I doubt I'll ever eat chunky monkey again.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaCollector View Post
........(when I'm feelin' really lucky) My Pot o'Gold at the End of MY Rainbow....
Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Looks more like an outhouse.......
That's the leprechauns "Potty O' Gold".
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
... and thought it was funny.
I guess that depends on whether your eldest was giving or receiving...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
....if not prudent...show us sally....
Hi does that pancake on your head have syrup on it? Oh and butter?

Oh wait wallpaper ya..I dont have any on my laptop..On the desktop I have super special wallpaper ya thats it.....
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Hey, I think you can only have syrup OR butter on the first date.

I think theres a lot of flexibility on fresh fruit though.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
I guess that depends on whether your eldest was giving or receiving...
I think it was equal on that particular exchange, but the sight of both of them striking out and trying to dodge out of the way of the incoming blow was good. His opponent is the highest ranking student in the school, been in TKD since he was 10 or 11 and he's in his mid-20's now and in law school, and he's really serious about the art. So, any fight with him is a question of how easy is he going to be on you, not how well you are going to do against him.

Here's another shot from the same match. You can see by the way my son's eyes are closed that he just took a good shot to the head, which was followed by one to the ribs from the same foot before it ever touched the ground again. The guy has some evil kicks.

This particular pic did not make the wallpaper selection short list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4056.jpg (284.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
So, any fight with him is a question of how easy is he going to be on you, not how well you are going to do against him.
The guy has some evil kicks.
You can learn a lot from those guys, but... ouch.

4th dan at that age around here, he'd be running his own dojang. Or has he met any of the Lopez dynasty?
http://www.nbcolympics.com/taekwondo...id=110261.html

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
You can learn a lot from those guys, but... ouch.

4th dan at that age around here, he'd be running his own dojang. Or has he met any of the Lopez dynasty?
They might know each other, the Lopez family trains a block away, but they're a different branch of TKD.

Funny about the TKD connection in this little town. Other than the Lopez family of Olympic TKD here, the school my son attends is the largest and most well-known in its particular branch of the art. They produce more champions and grand champions than any other school.

I guess he could run his own school if he was interested, but he would have to give up law school. This branch of TKD is interesting on the business side. To their discredit, the non-black belt segment has deteriorated over the past several years to the point where it is just a couple of shades better than a belt factory. It's definitely all about the money in that area - especially with the kids. But once a student makes black belt it gets very serious, even more so for the adults. The training is very impressive.

The system they use to select and train instructors is extremely rigorous (it's taken my son almost three years to get certified). But they are positively brutal on anyone they have selected as candidate for running a school. The program is like holding down two full time jobs while going to college at the same time. And they keep up that pace for a couple of years at least before they consider letting them run their own school.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
This branch of TKD is interesting on the business side. To their discredit, the non-black belt segment has deteriorated over the past several years to the point where it is just a couple of shades better than a belt factory. It's definitely all about the money in that area - especially with the kids. But once a student makes black belt it gets very serious, even more so for the adults. The training is very impressive.
The system they use to select and train instructors is extremely rigorous (it's taken my son almost three years to get certified). But they are positively brutal on anyone they have selected as candidate for running a school. The program is like holding down two full time jobs while going to college at the same time. And they keep up that pace for a couple of years at least before they consider letting them run their own school.
From what I've seen around here, they gotta be doing it for love-- it's certainly not making them rich.

But if there's anything more viciously painful than getting your head torn off by a 4th dan, it's getting involved in the WTF/USAT politics among dojang owners...

Old 07-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Hey, I think you can only have syrup OR butter on the first date.

I think theres a lot of flexibility on fresh fruit though.
Is that like is that a pancake on your head or are you happy to see me?
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Nassau
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bahamas01.JPG (139.3 KB, 3 views)

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Is that like is that a pancake on your head or are you happy to see me?
Beats guessing if you have a pocket full of bacon or not...