Sigh, More Terror Nonsense

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This NYC subway thing is spooky. I always figured that it would be nearly impossible to stop a suicide bomber from detonating something in Penn Station or Grand Central, either of which would absolutely paralyze the city. Damned glad I don't take the train to work anymore or have to go to the Most Holy City of Mammon every day. But still.

I think it is either some kind of sick hoax, or the bad guys playing with out minds. I think if AQ really had any more capability in this country, they would have done something by now. At least I hope I'm right.

Terrorism--
"The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."
---Websters dictionary

The threat of violence is seen as effective as the actual act in many ways and is far less costly to the terrorist. All they have to do is make a phone call, write a letter or email some media source and they have created intimidation and fear. No one need be killed and no bombs need to go off. They have met their goal and the media does the rest for them.

Mountain_Mike said:
I think if AQ really had any more capability in this country, they would have done something by now.

Why? Without any actual further attacks, we're perfectly happy to spend bazillions of dollars making our country safe from terrorism (although we had no clear chain of command, no common sense and no ability to execute in NOLA), and we're perfectly willing to restrict and reduce our civil rights.

Al Queda doesnt have to do a thing other than make an occasional phone call and then sit back and watch the saturday morning cartoons.

Remains me of a Twilight Zone episode, when a few innocent unexplainable events like lights turning on and off, creating panic among friendly neighbors living on a street of a town who finally turn on each other.
These events were caused by aliens preparing to invade the planet.

Back
Top Bottom