Signs that one is getting old

Realizing that I remember B&W TV,
I remember that my mother banned our TV from the living room décor because it wasn't proper furniture for entertaining guests.

It was 1978 before they "upgraded" to color TV, and it was still downstairs in the rec room. It didn't make it into the livingroom until after my mother passed away...

I've never used glasses to read. The other day I ordered my first pair of bifocals at age 64. Also, the skin on the under part of my forearm is getting "crepy". Not sure that's a word but it describes the look perfectly.

When I had to stop playing adult hardball because I could no longer discern the difference between a curve ball and fastball during the night games.

Also, when DW tells me I need a check up from the audiologist due to my "selective" hearing:LOL:.

Few weeks back, went to a gas station for gas and a few other products. Had to go inside to pay for the gas and left the station without putting gas in the tank. Realized my screwup 2 miles down the road and returned back to the station. While I was embarassed, the cashier seemed amused.

Golfnut

I recently saw a sign in a National Forest that made me think of this thread:

Unimproved Camp
Trailers over 17 Ft
Not Recommended

My initial thought was "What the heck is an 'unimproved camp trailer'...

Last edited:
Each Friday a free local newspaper comes through the door. I do the puzzles including the crossword. Last week I got them all but 1. I asked DW, "Help me with this last clue. The clue is Verify, 5 letters _R_T_". Like me, she couldn't guess it. This week's paper just came so I looked up the answer - "TRUTH".

I then went back to last week's and discovered that the clue is actually Verity :facepalm:

...when you make the morning noises you used to hear coming out of your parents' bedroom.

... when you can use your false teeth to crimp the top layer of pastry on a pie before putting it in the oven to bake, just like your mother used to do.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 174
... when you can use your false teeth to crimp the top layer of pastry on a pie before putting it in the oven to bake, just like your mother used to do.
This is great! Although it's not exactly related, seeing all that pastry reminded me of one of my grandmothers, who used to smoke like a chimney - had 2 cigarettes before she even got out of bed in the morning, and we rarely saw her without one in her mouth. I was young when she passed away, but I still remember being mesmerized watching her roll out pie crusts with a fully smoked cigarette dangling from her top lip with all the ash still attached to it.

I would watch and wait for the moment when all that ash fell onto the crust as she was rolling it, but it never did. She had a lifetime of experience in these things.

...when you make the morning noises you used to hear coming out of your parents' bedroom.
The only morning noises I ever heard coming from my parent's bedroom was the daily ritual of my father passing wind (in a tightly controlled fashion), promptly saying "Excuse me", and my mother mildly reprimanding him by saying his name in a disapproving tone.

I generally dilute my juice intake with water.......yesterday I took the (pulp in) OJ and a bottle of water out of the fridge.......and proceeded to vigorously shake the water bottle.:facepalm:

I bought a new pair of running shoes a few days ago. The teenager that was fitting me commented on how I needed a wider shoe than most people. I said it was probably due to the amount of weight that my feet were subjected to. He said no - it was my age and that feet spread when you get older.

I generally dilute my juice intake with water.......yesterday I took the (pulp in) OJ and a bottle of water out of the fridge.......and proceeded to vigorously shake the water bottle.:facepalm:
When I make my morning oatmeal, I no longer store the cinnamon alphabetically next to the chili powder.

When I make my morning oatmeal, I no longer store the cinnamon alphabetically next to the chili powder.
Yeah, cinnamon on oatmeal would be a jolt! ;)

Nords said:

Epic. :D

I recently saw a sign in a National Forest that made me think of this thread:

Unimproved Camp
Trailers over 17 Ft
Not Recommended

My initial thought was "What the heck is an 'unimproved camp trailer'...

It is a rusted out 65 Ford pickup with a cap on the bed. indoor facilities are a bucket, and a bedroll.

A starter kit shown below.

3me3ob3lf5V45U15X1b6ldc0bcbd634a6152d.jpg
3n73kb3ld5W35U05S3b6l0353a3cb7d54155a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom