Signs that one is getting old

Looked at my old high school yearbook and saw pictures of my teachers from 35 years ago who I remember thinking were old at the time and many of them are still teaching today. Whoa!

I recently tried to brew a pot of coffee in a percolator without adding water. :blink: It takes longer than you might think. And the aroma is quite unique as well. The last time I attempted this was years ago in the aft fire room of a destroyer. Results were the same. ;)

I actually like being called Ma'am. It's better than being ignored, or having doctor's office staff [-]condescend [/-]cozy up to me by using my first name, while the doctor is still referred to as "Doctor."

Amethyst

I recently tried to brew a pot of coffee in a percolator without adding water. :blink: It takes longer than you might think. And the aroma is quite unique as well. The last time I attempted this was years ago in the aft fire room of a destroyer. Results were the same. ;)

So....after the fire brigade left, did you still have a place to live? :(

Few weeks back, went to a gas station for gas and a few other products. Had to go inside to pay for the gas and left the station without putting gas in the tank. Realized my screwup 2 miles down the road and returned back to the station. While I was embarassed, the cashier seemed amused.

Golfnut

I did the same thing with the dry cleaning. I paid and left the clothes at the shop and drove home.

When you scroll down and read all of the posts and don't remember what the OP was all about.

All of these stories are a hoot! Thanks for the entertainment !

I remember, on date X, looking at an older photo of myself and thinking, "Whoa, I looked a lot younger then than now." Years later, I looked at a photo of myself taken around the time of date X, and thinking "Whoa, I looked a lot younger then than now."

This cycle has now been repeated about 10 times!

When talking about the Skipper and Gillian, getting confused looks....and yes I am talking about a t.v. show.

So....after the fire brigade left, did you still have a place to live? :(
Yes fortunately. And I've improved on my mistake by leaving out the coffee instead of the water. Now, I simply pour a nice steaming cup of hot water and stir in some instant. :)

The other day, I misplaced my glasses. I asked my dog..."have you seen my glasses?" and looked at her like I expected an answer before I came to my senses.

The other day, I misplaced my glasses. I asked my dog..."have you seen my glasses?" and looked at her like I expected an answer before I came to my senses.
If you had a Border Collie he/she would have found the glasses and also checked to see that your prescription was up to date. ;)

Young engineer- my boss
"What does one have to do to get you x technical skill"
Me
"In 1983 I got into the technical society for x and have been building ever since."
Young engineer
" I wasn't born yet"
Me
Boy am I old.

I bought a new pair of running shoes a few days ago. The teenager that was fitting me commented on how I needed a wider shoe than most people. I said it was probably due to the amount of weight that my feet were subjected to. He said no - it was my age and that feet spread when you get older.
I wish that was all that spread as I aged...... :blush:

I think about the hereafter; I walk into a room and wonder: what did I come in here after?

Last edited:
I know what you mean! The past month I've noticed the crepey arms. I excercise with hand weights all the time (10 lbs.) and have good muscle tone, but suddenly my skin is getting that look. Ugh, that does make me feel old.

I dreamt that I am peeing and I woke up because I felt something wet and warm. Not a dream after all.

Back
Top Bottom