Signs you're ready to retire

10. You find yourself drawn to articles with names like "Signs You Need to Immediately Retire".
11. You change the projection assumptions to bring your portfolio in line with the 95% probable success line.
12. You hang out in the "Young dreamers" section of early-retirement.org forums.

AND
13. You tell your boss that you are unhappy with his performance because he persists in giving you better performance ratings than you deserve. Therefore you have decided you can take the undeserved bonuses no longer and are tendering your resignation as of the last day of the year.

Last edited:
I didn't see mine.

So for #10: While at work, you spend more time (and effort) keeping up your retirement planning spreadsheets and projections than you do anything else.

1, 2, 3, 5, and 9 apply to me.

10. I spend much of my time at work surfing this forum. I suspect, once I RE, I will kiss goodby to this forum - no time to surf the net.

I didn't see mine.

So for #10: While at work, you spend more time (and effort) keeping up your retirement planning spreadsheets and projections than you do anything else.

+1

#10 While at work run all calculators (Firecalc, Fido RIP, I-orp, FRP, ESplanner) daily.

#10: Every morning you want to phone the office and say "I can't come to work today. The voices command me to stay home and clean my guns".

I didn't see mine.

I was always amazed at the post counts some of our members accumulated at work. Wish I had a job or leadership team that would have allowed that:D

AND
13. You tell your boss that you are unhappy with his performance because he persists in giving you better performance ratings than you deserve. Therefore you have decided you can take the undeserved bonuses no longer and are tendering your resignation as of the last day of the year.

:LOL:

Now this one has some real possibilities. I've been wondering what to write in my letter of resignation.

:LOL:

Now this one has some real possibilities. I've been wondering what to write in my letter of resignation.

Write the letter you wish you could write. Then write the letter you should write. Burn the first. Send the second.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

For me it's #7. I also liked to fantasize getting in my car, driving toward work, then keep on driving. That would put me on the Jersey Shore in about 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom