Join Early Retirement Today

Skin Lotion
Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Skin Lotion

DW would like moisturizing skin lotion that is unscented and non-sticky feeling. She wants these characteristics in order to please her husband.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:09 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I use the lubriderm uncented. WOrks good for me.
Bimmerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Spendy, but i vote for Amlactin, available at Costlyco. It's "12% lactic acid...with a PH of 4.5-5.5, and is a...naturally occuring humectant for the skin". A little goes a long long way - i use it on my wet shins after showering and it prevents dry itchy feeling during the winter heating season. Whether that would please her husband is something for you two to decide, but i will note that one is to "avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mucous membranes". Best stuff i've found.
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Bag Balm.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I'll second the vote for Lubriderm unscented version

Charlotte
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
DW would like moisturizing skin lotion that is unscented and non-sticky feeling. She wants these characteristics in order to please her husband.
Maybe she just wants you to start being unscented and non-sticky...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Gone but not forgotten

Vitamin E body butter sold by the body shop .A little pricey but it lasts a long time.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
I use Kroger or Meijer store brand lotion in the large pump dispenser. Non-sticky, no scent, works well.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
A little goes a long long way - i use it on my wet shins after showering and it prevents dry itchy feeling during the winter heating season.
What is it with itchy shins? Sometimes I have to shower 3 times day-gym in the AM, shower before going out for the evening, shower after returning to remove the sweat from dancing. When I read this thread I was sitting here scratching my shins. Never happens in summer; never happens to other areas of my body.

I got this stuff from Walgreens named Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It costs too much but it does work. I got it for my hands which get dry from frequent washing, but it also works on my legs. It is a bit sticky though.

Ha
Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
I'll second the vote for Lubriderm unscented version

Charlotte
Dang mind/eye interface! saw your avatar and thought it was a pic of someone bending over..... scary!
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Lubriderm has an SPF 15 version, too - nice here in the last of sunshine.

A tip: whatever you she uses, it will work best if applied right after a shower and patting dry, but sooner than 15 - 30 minutes, when your skin fully dries out.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Massage oil. Put a large plastic sheet down on the floor. Coat yourselves generously and pour some on the plastic sheet. Get down there and roll and wiggle. Maybe a little wrestling and tickling. A little pre-ritual wine sometimes helps things get started. Also, comments to DW about how smooth and soft her skin feels is beneficial.

The next day, a little Bengay or other linament will help sooth aching muscles not exercised for a long time.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
Full time employment: Posting here.

I think everything should be unscented. I am only allergic to one thing: perfume.

We shop at a Harris Teeter grocery store where one of the cashiers uses some sort of scented hand lotion by the gallon. Everything she touches, including ALL the produce, gets a liberal coating. I get a headache just unpacking the stuff I just bought.

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #14

Daughter had best results with Cetaphil. Expensive stuff, but worked for her. They've started offering other products under their brand name, but the original formula was her favorite.
growing_older is offline   Reply With Quote
instead of lotion
Old 12-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #15

instead of lotion

I gave up looking for a skin lotion I liked and started using Burt's Bees lemon poppyseed face cleanser instead. In the morning I rub some into my (dry) hands, then rinse with warm water. You don't have to use much of it, and this has worked for me even in the dry Colorado climate. Non-sticky and no scent after you rinse it off.

WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Vitamin E body butter sold by the body shop .A little pricey but it lasts a long time.
Two votes for Body Shop Vitamin E! I love this stuff, also the Vitamin E facial moisturizer.

Body Shop founder Anita Roddick never got to enjoy RE. She died a few months ago aged 64, of a cerebral hemorrhage. The underlying reason was problems with blood clotting, due to Hepatitis C, which she picked up from a blood transfusion after having one of her children decades ago. Not fair, eh?
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #17
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Massage oil. Put a large plastic sheet down on the floor. Coat yourselves generously and pour some on the plastic sheet. Get down there and roll and wiggle. Maybe a little wrestling and tickling. A little pre-ritual wine sometimes helps things get started. Also, comments to DW about how smooth and soft her skin feels is beneficial.

The next day, a little Bengay or other linament will help sooth aching muscles not exercised for a long time.

Great idea !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #18

The Zippers use Boots No.7 Restore & Renew from England sold here in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart.

I know it's available in the U.S. as well.

It was shown to outdo all the high $$$$ skin lotions in Britain at a fraction of the price.

They had traffic jams trying to get the stuff over there.

Mrs. Zipper and I think it is fantastic.

Google Boots No. 7 Restore & Renew.
Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #19

It's Corn Huskers for me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg prod_cornhuskers_lotion_lg.jpg (3.2 KB, 194 views)
cantlogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #20

I use Eucerin lotion, my dermatologist recommended it. I think both Costco and Sam's sell the double bottle pack. The lotion is not greasy in my opinion, and unscented.

Walmart sells the knock off brand of their cream which is somewhat greasy.
KB is online now   Reply With Quote