Sleep, Age, and Napping

T

TromboneAl

Please answer the following three questions, and I'll compile the results into two nice graphs:

1. What is your Age?

2. How do you rate the general quality of your sleep (0=Terrible, bad insomnia every night, 100=great, always wake up refreshed and rested).

3. Do you usually take a nap during the day?

TromboneAl said:
1. What is your Age?
51, but I'll be 52 in a month

2. How do you rate the general quality of your sleep (0=Terrible, bad insomnia every night, 100=great, always wake up refreshed and rested).
99. I sleep like a log.

3. Do you usually take a nap during the day?
No.

44, -5, no.

Although naps are looking good to me lately. If I didnt have so much crap to catch up on when the baby goes down, I'd be taking one with him.

I realized for the first time that my dad was "getting old" when I started catching him at home asleep on the couch in the middle of the day. I'm about 5 years short of that approximate age...

52, 80%, no naps as I do have apnea and I've got to "snout up" with my CPAP machineeven for a nap, which generally seems to mean that I'm wide awake when I finally lay down and start thinking about how annoying it is to not be able to "just take a nap".

Life with the machine is WAY better than it was before I was diagnosed. Falling asleep at the wheel in SF Bay Area commute traffic gets a little scary.

Of course, no commuting (or getting up at 4:15AM) for the last 6 months now!

cheers,
Michael

43 - almost 44

10 without a glass of chardonnay; 65 w/ a glass of chardonnay

sometimes, especially on rainy and/or cold days

yes

I'll admit to sleeping a little less during nite.  Reason, bladder wakes me.  Years ago, I never (seldom) had less than 8 hours a nite.

Back
Top Bottom