Join Early Retirement Today

Sleeping on a concrete floor with my pregnant wife....
Old 01-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Sleeping on a concrete floor with my pregnant wife....

Lovin life right now! lol

Supposed to be in cancun MX right now yukkin it up in the sun. Instead, I am stuck in Philly Int'l Airport sleeping on the ground. Snow sucks. Cant wait for some margaritas and guacamole!

Been at airports now for 24 hours, and have only travelled a few hundred miles the wrong way. mexico is south of here!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #2

All the best to you + DW. We have spent some useless hours in their pre-check-in area for int. flights in summer. That was bad enough and I cannot imagine 24 hours there.
I hope all ends well in the sun soon.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #3

Better than having to practice your igloo building skills, outdoors of course.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #4

Terrible news! I hope you get to the land of sunshine soon, fed!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Just imagine it's the stone floor of Chichen Itza.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
gone traveling

Had the same thing happen to me, but due to an approaching hurricane (N.O.).

They pulled the planes out the previous evening (I had an early morning flight) so that fact, along with that the hurricane decided to go in another direction meant that I had to sit in the airport all day.

Finally made it out early evening (to Atlanta) but could not get the flight from there to my hometown. My travel day wound up to be two.

Dosen't matter if it is snow or rain, spending a night in an airport on the floor with a bunch of strangers is no fun ...

Speaking of PHL, I had an overseas flight that sat on the tarmac for five hours one January (of course it boarded on time) since the area was in the middle of an ice storm and they had to de-ice the plane (along with many others) and until conditions improved that they could start taking off. Departure time was 7PM; finally made it out just after midnight (yes, I could have been close to my Euro destination after five hours).

At least you are in the terminal, rather than sitting on the plane (and if you're in the international building, it's nicer than the rest at PHL).
Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Screw those airplane people. I say rent a car, and drive down there lickety-split.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sorry about the delay and Congratulations on the pregnancy !
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
Had the same thing happen to me, but due to an approaching hurricane (N.O.).

They pulled the planes out the previous evening (I had an early morning flight) so that fact, along with that the hurricane decided to go in another direction meant that I had to sit in the airport all day.

Finally made it out early evening (to Atlanta) but could not get the flight from there to my hometown. My travel day wound up to be two.

Dosen't matter if it is snow or rain, spending a night in an airport on the floor with a bunch of strangers is no fun ...

Speaking of PHL, I had an overseas flight that sat on the tarmac for five hours one January (of course it boarded on time) since the area was in the middle of an ice storm and they had to de-ice the plane (along with many others) and until conditions improved that they could start taking off. Departure time was 7PM; finally made it out just after midnight (yes, I could have been close to my Euro destination after five hours).

At least you are in the terminal, rather than sitting on the plane (and if you're in the international building, it's nicer than the rest at PHL).
oooohhh...dont get me started. we sat on the tarmac for 3 hours in akron before taking off, then TWICE we boarded planes in Philly, only to return after 2 and 3 hours respectively. We were de-iced twice the second time....

BUT, we made some good temporary friends, I drank the time away with a group of 45 women on a 'girls vacation, and it was a'bonding experience' lol
Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

A few years ago, my sister got stuck for 1 week in Denver airport due to a bad storm. One week! Of course she had to find a nearby motel room.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
A few years ago, my sister got stuck for 1 week in Denver airport due to a bad storm. One week! Of course she had to find a nearby motel room.
WOW!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Just imagine it's the stone floor of Chichen Itza.
As long as it doesn't look like a sacrificial alter?