Sleeping on a concrete floor with my pregnant wife....

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Lovin life right now! lol

Supposed to be in cancun MX right now yukkin it up in the sun. Instead, I am stuck in Philly Int'l Airport sleeping on the ground. Snow sucks. Cant wait for some margaritas and guacamole!

Been at airports now for 24 hours, and have only travelled a few hundred miles the wrong way. mexico is south of here!

All the best to you + DW. We have spent some useless hours in their pre-check-in area for int. flights in summer. That was bad enough and I cannot imagine 24 hours there.
I hope all ends well in the sun soon.

Better than having to practice your igloo building skills, outdoors of course.:D

Had the same thing happen to me, but due to an approaching hurricane (N.O.).

They pulled the planes out the previous evening (I had an early morning flight) so that fact, along with that the hurricane decided to go in another direction meant that I had to sit in the airport all day.

Finally made it out early evening (to Atlanta) but could not get the flight from there to my hometown. My travel day wound up to be two.

Dosen't matter if it is snow or rain, spending a night in an airport on the floor with a bunch of strangers is no fun :mad: ...

Speaking of PHL, I had an overseas flight that sat on the tarmac for five hours one January (of course it boarded on time) since the area was in the middle of an ice storm and they had to de-ice the plane (along with many others) and until conditions improved that they could start taking off. Departure time was 7PM; finally made it out just after midnight (yes, I could have been close to my Euro destination after five hours).

At least you are in the terminal, rather than sitting on the plane (and if you're in the international building, it's nicer than the rest at PHL).

Had the same thing happen to me, but due to an approaching hurricane (N.O.).

They pulled the planes out the previous evening (I had an early morning flight) so that fact, along with that the hurricane decided to go in another direction meant that I had to sit in the airport all day.

Finally made it out early evening (to Atlanta) but could not get the flight from there to my hometown. My travel day wound up to be two.

Dosen't matter if it is snow or rain, spending a night in an airport on the floor with a bunch of strangers is no fun :mad: ...

Speaking of PHL, I had an overseas flight that sat on the tarmac for five hours one January (of course it boarded on time) since the area was in the middle of an ice storm and they had to de-ice the plane (along with many others) and until conditions improved that they could start taking off. Departure time was 7PM; finally made it out just after midnight (yes, I could have been close to my Euro destination after five hours).

At least you are in the terminal, rather than sitting on the plane (and if you're in the international building, it's nicer than the rest at PHL).

oooohhh...dont get me started. we sat on the tarmac for 3 hours in akron before taking off, then TWICE we boarded planes in Philly, only to return after 2 and 3 hours respectively. We were de-iced twice the second time....

BUT, we made some good temporary friends, I drank the time away with a group of 45 women on a 'girls vacation, and it was a'bonding experience' lol

A few years ago, my sister got stuck for 1 week in Denver airport due to a bad storm. One week! Of course she had to find a nearby motel room.

Back
Top Bottom