Slow Boat from China

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Some of you that buy stuff from China on eBay may appreciate this. I've been tracking this item since I ordered it on November 12th. It was delivered today.

Apparently it landed in Chicago, then wandered up to Wisconsin, then to Allen Park, MI, about 25 miles from me, as the crow flies. Then off to Columbus, Ohio, then back to Allen Park and on to delivery. Kinda reminds me of my travels before I discovered maps. :LOL:

Attachments

• China Post.JPG
    China Post.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 18
So, 11 days ago it was in Chicago? I'll bet you could almost WALK from Chicago in that length of time.

It only took 4 days to get from China to Chicago, though. Looks like the weak link is the USPS.

I ordered a video game from England a year ago, but cancelled when the estimated arrival date was 2 months later. I suppose they were going to send it by carrier pigeon. :D

Some of you that buy stuff from China on eBay may appreciate this. I've been tracking this item since I ordered it on November 12th. It was delivered today.

Apparently it landed in Chicago, then wandered up to Wisconsin, then to Allen Park, MI, about 25 miles from me, as the crow flies. Then off to Columbus, Ohio, then back to Allen Park and on to delivery. Kinda reminds me of my travels before I discovered maps. :LOL:
I've gotten stuff from China in 2 days!

But in your case - it got to the US quickly from China, then it entered the twilight zone.........

I've gotten stuff from China in 2 days!

But in your case - it got to the US quickly from China, then it entered the twilight zone.........
I don't understand all I know about items shipped from China. Earlier this year, I ordered an item from China that was $1 with free shipping. I had to go to the post office to retrieve it, as it was sent registered mail. I can't send a post card to the next village via registered mail for $1. :confused:

I had an eBay order from China that I tracked, made it from China to delivery in approximately two weeks. Only problem was it was delivered to somebody else. When I contacted USPS about the delivery mix up they said they would get back to me, but they never did.

Back
Top Bottom