Smokers in a Box

They still have some "smoking lounges" at Swiss airports.

I grew up in a smoking household and cigarette smoke does not bother me. But I hate the residual smell.

If I drink some Jack Daniels, I know exactly what I'm getting. If I overdo it, it's on me, and my own stupidity. The idea of ingesting something like that and not knowing precisely the potency, I found very scary.
We are another 2 decades down that road and I understand from people who partake, that it's even stronger now.
No thanks, I'll stick to my manhattans.

Legalization has really changed the landscape. The potency (THC content) is now listed on the packaging of edibles. The recommended dosage guideline is 10mg of THC so it is starting to be more like taking a drink in that you can somewhat gauge how much you're getting. They have also developed many different strains for different types of highs. It's almost like looking at a food menu, you select the strain for the feeling (uplifting, mellow, etc.) you want. The newer strains for medical patients offer the medical benefits needed without a major high.

Last edited:
Legalization has really changed the landscape. The potency (THC content) is now listed on the packaging of edibles. The recommended dosage guideline is 10mg of THC so it is starting to be more like taking a drink in that you can somewhat gauge how much your getting. The have also developed many different strains for different types of highs. It's almost like looking at a food menu, you select the strain for the feeling (uplifting, mellow, etc.) you want. The newer strains for medical patients offer the medical benefits needed without a major high.

+1
In legal states it's not the wild west anymore. You can tell what you are buying and know what is in it.

Not just edibles, all flower, concentrates, and trim are labeled..

Last edited:
Both my parents smoked, and ultimately died of smoking related diseases. As a child, I suffered repeated respiratory infections, and despite being blamed for jumping into puddles or staying out too long in the rain, my respiratory infections disappeared when I left home. I was always repulsed by the smoking habit, and never tried it, not even once. Thank goodness for that!

Your story is mine too. I was sick all the time. My parents tried to quit when their first grandchild was born. My dad had chronic bronchitis and had been wheezing constantly. After 50 years of smoking he quit cold turkey. Mom was not successful. She died of lung cancer at age 72. Dad lived till 80 but had heart failure and COPD and coronary artery disease. DH's parents had smoked. His mom quit when the kids were young but his dad smoked cigars outside. Not one grandparent saw of their children graduate from high school. Sad. I will not choose smokers as friends. Also, some of my dad's things I ended up trashing still smelled of smoke 10-15 years after their last exposure. Even a cutlery set.

Back
Top Bottom