Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Snow
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

CFB, thanks for providing my first smile for the day. BTW which one of our board member is that in your picture?

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm gonna guess its someone in MN...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #23
Confused about dryer sheets

Thanks!

We retired in Rhinelander - Love it up in the northwoods!

CFB - laughed my "butt" off when I saw your photo of Jed Clampet gone wild .
SOBEIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

I think that's where we fly in.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

DH & I just returned from a sojourn to see the Grandson. En route he played Bandon Dunes (10 days ago), one of the holes was covered in hail!!! He swore that the wind just grabbed his ball and tossed it in the gorst- a 2 to 2.5 club wind. Not often there are chains required in CA on US 101 - they claimed it was the worst in 100 years.

That storm had cold high winds, lots of moisture. I venture it was even nastier as it worked its way east.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

This is an old topic (really old :P), but as I sit here in South TX on the day before Easter with the thermometer reading 37F, I can't help but wonder at the "global warming" taking place out my window. Looks like it may freeze tonight, and if it does it will be the latest on record. Bye bye wildflowers and peach crop.

Something's really strange when it's colder on Easter than on Christmas...

Old 04-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #27
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
This is an old topic (really old :P), but as I sit here in South TX on the day before Easter with the thermometer reading 37F, I can't help but wonder at the "global warming" taking place out my window. Looks like it may freeze tonight, and if it does it will be the latest on record. Bye bye wildflowers and peach crop.

Global warming sure is happening, except it is because the darn sun is really cranking out the heat. every darn planet in the solar system is getting warmer.

I hate politicians who talk BS out of their arses over this.

Heck we had snow last night here in the raleigh NC area! Heading down to 24 tonight. peaches are doomed this year.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #28
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bunny
We sat out front and watched the neighbor kids play t-ball in the court out front of the house. I think I got a little sunburn.
Ya, I almost got a sunburn yesterday
Mwsinron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
Gosh, I'm glad you brought this up.

We've been having the same problem here (night lows in the low 70s, bitter-cold 69-degree mornings) and I'm glad to see that it's just the chaos effects of a scorpion flapping its stinger!

I tell my spouse that we have to memorize these moments, treasure them, and relive them in August while we're drowning in pools of our own sweat. There, does that help?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #30
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
... I'm glad to see that it's just the chaos effects of a scorpion flapping its stinger!
No, I think it's more likely to be related to extinguishing the mulch fire.

Quote:
I tell my spouse that we have to memorize these moments, treasure them, and relive them in August while we're drowning in pools of our own sweat. There, does that help?
As you said...

Quote:
Ha ha, that's pretty funny!
Old 04-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

Wow what great news!!! Evidently the global warming crisis is now over. What shall we worry about now?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

70's and low 80's here, which is a bit warm for this time of year.

Maybe we can borrow a bit from july/augusts 110 degree days and send it on down to you unfortunate folks in texas and hawaii.

I feel terrible for all y'all. Let me know where I can send the last tidbits of cold weather gear I still have left over from my days in new england. If it hasnt completely crumbled due to disuse that is.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #33

It has snowed off and on all week. It is currently 32 and the low tonight will be 25. The high on Easter will be 41 degrees. Last week it was beautiful. Oh well, it can't stay cold, it can't stay cold, it can't stay cold!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #34

We had about an inch of snow last night in No. Virginia. It stuck on the grass but the roads were clear when I woke up. Temps here during the day in the high 30's. Last week it was in the 80's! We leave on Monday for 9 days in Florida. DW and I will spend 4 days in Orlando seeing Disney World again (last visit was 25 years ago when the kids were small) and then 5 days with friends in Lake Worth. Temps in Fla will be high 70's to mid 80's.

Grumpy
Old 04-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #35
Full time employment: Posting here.

70F here today but it will get down to 49F tonight (brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!). Have to get out the winter coat!

Of course that is nothing like our ice cold January weather where the average low is 42F and the average high is only 59F. (Opps forgot it doesn't get cold enought to make ice!)

And then there is the brutally hot days of July where the average high is 85F and the average low is 58F.

Sorry have to try to justify somehow living here in N. Ca

Did I mention the earth quakes, wildfires and mud slides? Oh and we have rattle snakes, tarantulas and mountain lions too

MB
mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Don't forget movie stars and paperazzi, ugh! Oh, that's us here in So Cal.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote