Join Early Retirement Today

So how diabolical are you in your dreams?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

So how diabolical are you in your dreams?

Man I am way impressed with myself this morning. Had an interesting dream last night but more importantly I was impressed at how devious the dream Hakuna was.

So in my dream I have to rent a car, so I am with a coworker and we are on a city bus and get off the bus and end up walking like 4 miles to the rental place (for some dumb reason), we pass one that has a ton of cars because for some reason in my dream I wanted to rent from Enterprise. So we get to the Enterprise lot and it is like this mechanics shop and all these fat old men won't take the time of day to help, the keep sending me to different people and finally after waiting around for 30 minutes they tell me they don't have any cars. I was pissed in my dream.

I go back and rent a car from the first place, go to my meeting, etc. But this is where it got interesting. After the meeting I go back to the Enterprise lot and follow each of the guys home or to the restaurants they are going to...and I go around to each tire and loosen the tire valve in each tire, just enough to slowly let the air out of each tire. Knowing that they will fill it backup and the valve will slowly let the air out again. In my dream I stick around to watch them find each flat tire and look bewildered. Strangely I was very satisfied in my dream.

Now that is damn devious, I was impressed with the dream Hakuna Matata, no worries my ass. Take that mofo--next time tell me you don't have any cars to rent when I show up at your lot! In real life I would never be that devious or actually do anything but never go there again, but that dream Hakuna, don't mess with him!

so what interesting dreams have you had lately?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
I dreamed about an overgrown juvenile delinquent who went around letting the air our of peoples tires to get revenge for an imagined wrongdoing...
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
All X-rated, not worthy of posting on this fine forum ...

I guess when you're retired, the "nightmares" of w*rk are replaced by something much, much better ...
rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I dreamed about an overgrown juvenile delinquent who went around letting the air our of peoples tires to get revenge for an imagined wrongdoing...
I thought you looked familiar! Do not taunt the dream Hakuna! He will get you!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I am nice in my dreams.

My most recent dream was a nightmare, really. I dreamed that my dear friend F. had heard from some idiot that a certain stock was a "sure thing" because it had done well during the past year. In my dream he was going to invest ALL of his nestegg in it. So, as the dream continued on I was trying to persuade him not to do that, and to look into Vanguard index funds instead.

Not too diabolical...

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Interesting. In dreams, I usually don't look to get even. But used to have good fight dreams acting like Lee Majors of the Six Million Dollar Man or David Carradine of Kung Fu saving the world from bad guys.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I am nice in my dreams.

My most recent dream was a nightmare, really. I dreamed that my dear friend F. had heard from some idiot that a certain stock was a "sure thing" because it had done well during the past year. In my dream he was going to invest ALL of his nestegg in it. So, as the dream continued on I was trying to persuade him not to do that, and to look into Vanguard index funds instead.

Not too diabolical...
Is this really a dream
Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Is this really a dream
Yes? Don't you have investment dreams like this sometimes? In real life he would never put all his money in an individual stock like that. I wouldn't have to persuade him not to.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Surprisingly, I don't believe I've ever had a dream about my investments. Not even during the meltdown of 2008.

I probably jinxed myself now and will dream about them tonight.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

My dreams are usually pretty mundane (though not always). Before I retired, I used to dream about my work.

I do lucid dreaming sometimes, so I guess that makes up for the ho-hum nature of most of my dreams.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Yes? Don't you have investment dreams like this sometimes? In real life he would never put all his money in an individual stock like that. I wouldn't have to persuade him not to.
I never have had an investment or money dream. Before your post, I had never even head of one.

Ha
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I never have had an investment or money dream. Before your post, I had never even head of one.

Ha
Sometimes I dream about more exciting things. Once, while napping, I dreamed that I was falling from outer space. In that dream there was nothing I could do to keep from dying when I hit the ground but that it was going to take a few minutes until that happened since I had so far to fall. I could see the curvature of the earth as I fell. Sheer terror. When I awakened, I turned on the TV and found out that the Space Shuttle Columbia had blown up while I was sleeping. Pretty terrifying and for a while, I wondered if somehow, in my sleep, I had had some sort of psychic experience.

But usually my dreams are more mundane and just a sleeping continuation of whatever I was thinking of during the previous day. When I was doing research, I would dream about algorithms or math. I would never dream about letting air out of someone's tires! I wouldn't do that when awake, either.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
Interesting. In dreams, I usually don't look to get even. But used to have good fight dreams acting like Lee Majors of the Six Million Dollar Man or David Carradine of Kung Fu saving the world from bad guys.
I often have good fight dreams like that. I also have vivid dreams about meeting old friends again. If I spend too much time on Quicken before going to bed, my head spins with numbers all night.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly, FD! Your Quicken dreams are like my investment/math/numbers/work dreams.

But I have never had a dream about fighting, that I can recall.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

A recurring theme in my dreams, presented in many formats, is that I don't know where I am, nor where I'm supposed to be going.

They're often/mainly w*rk related, although I quit that sh*t 22+ years ago at age 46........I'm (apparently) employed by a company although I haven't a clue what their business is......my 'colleagues' are all busily phoning, etc, but I don't know who they're calling or what the subject is.......I often proceed on a (sales, I guess), visit to a customer I've never heard of but am supposed to be familiar with, carrying a huge file I haven't had a chance to read.....next thing I know I'm outside the city in the wilderness.

Back when I was employed....on more than one occasion...someone at w*rk said to me "Hey, you're the expert on ****"......and I'd think "I'm the expert? Geez, we're really in trouble".

Last night's dream, the small part I recall, I was at an airport....somewhere...and the check-in counter tells me my flight to Turkey is in 3 days.....I don't know where I am now, but it seems to me that I've just come from that direction.....

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
I often have good fight dreams like that. I also have vivid dreams about meeting old friends again. If I spend too much time on Quicken before going to bed, my head spins with numbers all night.

I used to regular watch Star Trek: The Next Generation. Before DVRs, but not before VCRs. My schedule wouldn't allow me to catch each show live so I'd set my VCR to record an episode for about a month (4 or 5 episodes, unwatched). Then I'd have my own marathon watching them all in a row. But when I'd start to dream I was a member of the Enterprise, I guess it was too much watching all at once
Old 09-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #17
Administrator

In my dream last night, a woman (who might also have been a cat; it was confusing) was attacking me with a samurai sword. She slashed my foot, so I was forced to shoot her. There were others who were trying to harm me as well, but I was able to evade them. I was wearing a nice suit while doing so.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #18
Gone but not forgotten

I am never diabolical in my dreams and I dream a lot . Usually past boyfriends , friends,co-workers,my SO , my Dad & my children all show up in my dreams mixed together . My children are usually toddlers or young children in my dreams . The only person who is the right age is me . My late husband also shows up which shocks me . I say to him " You died " and he says no we just broke up .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #19
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I can never remember dreaming about money or investments or fighting or revenge. The dreams that I usually remember are nightmares that someone is trying to do me harm. I do remember 1 dream from years ago, that the guy was definitely not trying to hurt me. I was so bummed when I woke up from that particular dream!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Do you ever dream about a bunch of strangers you have never met, but you are talking to them in your dream as if you know them? I didn't have dreams like that when i was younger, but now I do once in a while, and I wonder if anybody else has dreams like that.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote