Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Fresh Cod, green beans, large shrimp/coctail w/whole grain bread and a yellow tail shiraz - cookies in the oven.
Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

not hungry after my lunch of pasta with sausage, so popcorn for dinner
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

hey, we could be culinary friends - everyone's dinner sounds yummy.

sweet potatoes sauteed in buttter, olive oil, garlic, red wine (leftover), sea salt and fresh pepper, at the end i tossed in some spinach and cranberry/nut mix.

then grilled some polenta to have on the side.

usually it's pizza or leftover pizza he he he...but i went to the store today and my stock is fresh!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #24

Since we've been packing and getting everything squared away to leave for FL bright and early Sunday morning, we just went to the neighborhood eatery a few blocks away. I started off with a glass of tomato juice, then had a nice, big salad of mixed greens, carrots, onions, green bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and topped with their yummy french dressing. After that it was breaded & deep fried shrimp, french fries, and cooked carrots. Then a dish of my fave.......chocolate ice cream!!! Oh yeah, and a couple of glasses of iced tea.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #25

Baked chicken, scalloped potatoes (from scratch), corn
Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Salisbury casserole. No broccoli.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Tomorrow AM is another story. I'm planning a benedict of a toasted round of hearty multigrain bread, topped with a thin little filet mignon cooked in butter (I cut the filets myself from the primal cut), topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. With a side of sauteed wild mushrooms and broiled sliced heirloom tomatoes from the local CSA topped with irish cheddar.

In other news, I'll be having marital relations after breakfast tomorrow.
after that heavy meal i assume marital relations means you'll both be falling back to sleep together immediately after breakfast.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #28

Trader Joe's Wild Rice Risotto, with some Goat Herder cheese to stink it up.
free4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 AM   #29
gone traveling

We do eat well it sounds.
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #30
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
I got lazy tonight. Made a nice slaw of red cabbage and carrots with a dressing of mayo, salt, pepper, tabasco, whole grain mustard, honey, and sherry vinegar with a roast chicken from costco. Cut me some slack, I spent all day tearing up and leveling the floor in one of the bedrooms and taking Gabe on a shopping spree to 3 hardware stores, where every knob was turned, every button pushed, every lever thrown and every tractor pretend-driven.

Tomorrow AM is another story. I'm planning a benedict of a toasted round of hearty multigrain bread, topped with a thin little filet mignon cooked in butter (I cut the filets myself from the primal cut), topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. With a side of sauteed wild mushrooms and broiled sliced heirloom tomatoes from the local CSA topped with irish cheddar.
Sounds like a hearty breakfast!

Quote:
In other news, I'll be having marital relations after breakfast tomorrow.

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Homemade beef stew, homemade cornbread, corn on the cob, homemade Boston Cream Pie for dessert.............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Left over Vietnamese take out.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Smoked Brisket
Old 02-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #33
Full time employment: Posting here.

Smoked Brisket

Smoked beef brisket (put it on the grill this morning at 4:30 and went back to bed), baked potato, side salad and a beer.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #34
Give me a forum ...

I took the easy way out: I dumped a (14oz) can of White Beans in a pot and threw in a big hand full of Shrimp (31-40 count) cut into thirds. I added some Olive Oil and a couple (okay, maybe more) cloves of minced Garlic. Heated it just until the Shrimp turned red. Served with Chopped Walnuts. That was enough for the two of us... pot empty.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Last night we split a burger at a "picture food" restaurant. [Picture food restaurants are the ones with pictures of the food on the menu. Actually, this place didn't have pictures, but it was that same kind of place.]

Substituted (bountiful and good) fruit for the fries, no drinks just water. Nice atmosphere, plenty of food, total with tax: $8.53 plus generous non-split tip.

Entertainment: trying not to feel self-righteous while watching super-obese couple put 40 shakes of salt on the potatoes (+ sour cream) of their prime rib dinners.

In other news: We got into the orgy for half price!
TromboneAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Last night was leftovers with two screaming children under 4 providing the atmosphere.

Tonight I am making a casoulet with heirloom beans, free range chicken breast, chcken sausage, fresh rosemary, garlic, tomatoes, italian parsley, etc. Probably have broccoli rabe and/or salad on the side and some french bread, Will end up as leftovers enough for 2 or 3 meals for when I am working and DW is too busy chasing 2 kids to really cook dinner.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #37

lotsa broccoli and chicken!
Us: leftover roast chicken and .. broccoli! Pretty boring.
Lunch was the red-sauce tuna pasta with olives and capers that I think I lent to the ER cookbook or posted in some form. We can't get enough of that!
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
after that heavy meal i assume marital relations means you'll both be falling back to sleep together immediately after breakfast.
And we woke up again a little while later...

Yummy.

Breakfast was good too.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
the red-sauce tuna pasta with olives and capers
Would that be tuna puttanesca? Ohhh, DW and I love that stuff....
Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #40

It's not called that here .. it's just "linguine (or whatever) w/tuna sauce".. It's just a homely dish that I have never seen on any restaurant menu either in the Center or the South (forget the North).

Good on 'ya, Puzzley, if you can make it at home and save yourself 20 bucks a plate:
La Botte
(#29)

I'm NOT a huge tuna fan.. I'd hate a tunafish sandwich.. but I could eat this pasta dish practically every day and still be happy. The key is making it with the tastier olive-oil-packed Italian/Portuguese/Spanish tuna instead of the conventional water-packed metallic kind. Trust me. Also avoid the canonical supermarket bland canned black olives in favor of something like Trader Joe's (the ones in jars) or Kalamata olives (not meaty enough for me but ok as a last resort); they have a more concentrated flavor.
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote