So, what's for dinner at your place tonight?

Puzzley

Recycles dryer sheets
We're having beans cooked slow with onion and a country ham hock. We'll serve 'em over sticky rice with corn cakes cooked on the griddle with a little whole kernel corn in them. We use cranberry beans because they're big and meaty. One of my favorite, LBYM meals.

So, what's cookin' at your table tonight?

Last edited:
Coconut Shrimp, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and fresh bread.

DW is also having some Hess white wine.

Brown rice with garlic, Broccolini , undecided on a small salad or asparagus with it. Trying to remove meat proteins at least two times a week.

Three couples joining us for a dinner party (in about 20 minutes - guess I'd better shower). A gourmet version of spaghetti and meatballs for the entree, don't know what is being brought in for appetizers (something about scallops), Caesar salad, mystery dessert but it will be good.

Broccoli Rabe with homemade sausage. Also having homemade red zinfandel with it.

Broccoli (and other vegetables) chicken rice casserole.

Breaded chicken sauted in chicken broth sauce served with brown rice and green beans and a wilted spinach salad. Fresh brownies for dessert.

Chicken and tofu spinach salad (the chicken and tofu sauteed in a touch of sesame oil and with garlic). Salad includes a sesame soy sauce dressing along with mandarin oranges, tomatoes, snow peas, and slivered almonds. Yum!

No way am I COOKING on Saturday night!

Frank took me to an upscale restaurant by the marina, and I ordered the herb roasted chicken which came with Lyonnaise potatos and sauteed green beans.

While we were waiting for our meals, we were brought fresh, hot French bread and butter, and also we got an order of onion rings. Oh, and iced tea.

The chicken was to die for!! Mmmm.

Fried rice noodle with gravy and pork (Lard Nah), red curry with chicken, white rice, Thai spicy ground pork salad, and wonton soup with bbq pork. Courtesy of a Thai restaurant in Hoolywood, CA.

mP

Blackened Mahi, bake potato, slaw and sweet corn hushpuppies. It is warm here so we grilled out - high 67 (normal is 52) - just wish it was summer already

Nothing at my place, but did go out.

Chicken fajitas, beans, rice and a crappy margarita. Came home and made my own. Margarita that is.

Thin pork chops cooked in marsala wine with mushrooms and brown rice and steamed broccoli .

We had wild caught alaskan cod. Lots of wine and fresh greens.

I got lazy tonight. Made a nice slaw of red cabbage and carrots with a dressing of mayo, salt, pepper, tabasco, whole grain mustard, honey, and sherry vinegar with a roast chicken from costco. Cut me some slack, I spent all day tearing up and leveling the floor in one of the bedrooms and taking Gabe on a shopping spree to 3 hardware stores, where every knob was turned, every button pushed, every lever thrown and every tractor pretend-driven.

Tomorrow AM is another story. I'm planning a benedict of a toasted round of hearty multigrain bread, topped with a thin little filet mignon cooked in butter (I cut the filets myself from the primal cut), topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. With a side of sauteed wild mushrooms and broiled sliced heirloom tomatoes from the local CSA topped with irish cheddar.

In other news, I'll be having marital relations after breakfast tomorrow.

Fresh Cod, green beans, large shrimp/coctail w/whole grain bread and a yellow tail shiraz - cookies in the oven.

hey, we could be culinary friends - everyone's dinner sounds yummy.

sweet potatoes sauteed in buttter, olive oil, garlic, red wine (leftover), sea salt and fresh pepper, at the end i tossed in some spinach and cranberry/nut mix.

then grilled some polenta to have on the side.

usually it's pizza or leftover pizza he he he...but i went to the store today and my stock is fresh!

Since we've been packing and getting everything squared away to leave for FL bright and early Sunday morning, we just went to the neighborhood eatery a few blocks away. I started off with a glass of tomato juice, then had a nice, big salad of mixed greens, carrots, onions, green bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and topped with their yummy french dressing. After that it was breaded & deep fried shrimp, french fries, and cooked carrots. Then a dish of my fave.......chocolate ice cream!!! Oh yeah, and a couple of glasses of iced tea. :)

Back
Top Bottom