Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
This marriage will be like that of Sting and Trudy Styler which has lasted. They swing, they swap, they like it. To each their own...go figure?
I think the big difference is the openness of communication between the partners. What difference does it make to anybody who is not in the relationship? Is it really cheating if your partner agrees to let you have some extra-marital carnal fun? Tiger et. al. went out behind their spouses back and did not have permission. That causes problems. If after giving permission one of the partners decides they don't want to share anymore then the sharing must stop. It is a couple in the relationship it has to be a couples decision to go outside of the marriage for extra fun.

I would have to agree that just because Anna Paquin is bi does not mean she is allowed to go out and have extra fun. It would be up to her and her husband. I don't see a problem with it.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd View Post
I have a Q about sex addiction.

If a drug addict goes into rehab, they enter a 12 step program etc. I believe the idea is that they shake the hold (swear off dope forever) that this addiction has on them and hopefully they can live a clean life there after. Wonderful, if they stay the course.

What happens in sex addiction? Do they have to swear off sex forever also? Seems harsh, but if that's what it takes...
I don't think it's like drug addiction - since taking a harmful drug one time can cause addiction, and the drug itself is poison to your system. More like learning to find a balance where your sex life doesn't disrupt the rest of your life. In that sense, it's probably more like kicking "food addiction," since it is not a good plan to stop eating forever.

Amethyst

Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
...it is not a good plan to stop eating forever.

Amethyst
That would cure the addiction.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
Why would we you care what a bunch of Hollywood people do in their (or other's) bedrooms?
So we I am prepared in case "Hollywood" is in my future... I wouldn't want to appear unsophisticated.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I really think there is no such thing as curing sex addiction unless it includes surgery . Some very smart people came up with the idea so big stars can save face by declaring the are going for treatment . It probably is just a spa with better food and drinks . Seriously have you ever known any one who went into treatment for sex addiction ? I haven't and I've known some pretty bed hopping people .

From my understanding from a friend of mine who is a physician who worked at one time with sex addicts in a clinical setting like Jesse went to, sex addiction is THE hardest addiction to cure of all. She said it was because it is so primary to the psyche and who we are (vs. alcoholism, say).
Since we both knew someone who was a sex addict, we sat down and she ran thru all the signs/symptoms of a sex addict and he had each and every one. It was an amazing and interesting conversation that I wish I knew even more about as it was that fascinating to study.
Michael Douglas the actor went to one of these clinics and is now "cured." I'm guessing he's around 60-something now...and his libido just ran out with old age. Don't hear about 70 year old sex addicts much do we? Heroin addicts have a phenomenon that--if they live that long--they just stop doing heroin around 45. Guess when your libido starts dying you quit being a sex addict.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
It didn't occur to me that someone would publically announce facultative bisexuality.

Ha

You really need to take a trip to Houston someday....it was so wide open there (or was before I left) that there were big clubs for swingers in the middle of town built there (I'm saying they owned their own buildings with bars, music and other club amenities). As well as, Houston has--and probably always will--the award for THE city with the most strip clubs by far anywhere in this country. Known any strippers? If so, you know that the vast majority of them are bi-...and announce it. No biggie, really...unless you get some unwanted advance but you just learn to sidestep it politely, of course.

Here is a recent article that has some interesting tidbits on sex addiction in it: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle7086635.ece