Social media to look up past colleagues or school mates?

97guns

Full time employment: Posting here.
I’m pretty much an introvert... I’ve never been to a high school reunion, only have a small handful of friends and have not kept in touch with any of my past very good friends but with all the social available today I look at a lot of my past co workers and friends just to see what’s going on in their lives now, not so much to re connect.

I was surprised to see quite a few of my past co workers and bosses/managers have become Vice Presidents of some big companies, some have become district managers, a few friends are engineers, some have their own business and several friends that have not done so well also.

It’s kind of intersting to see where these people are now career wise and how their lives are now, just wondering if you have this curiosity as well with this day and age of social media access?

Yes. I'm an introvert as well. But because of Facebook, I was able to attend an informal elementary school reunion in 2015 in the old neighborhood. I hadn't seen some of the people since 2nd grade in the early 70's! I even made a few new friends that day. I'd missed out on prior high school reunions, but I was notified of the next one via Facebook. Again, I had a great time with people I hadn't seen in decades. I keep in touch now with a few. We've scheduled a few social events using Facebook.

I was curious about a few of the really gifted kids in my class so I did a bit of searching.

I found one because he had an unusual last name. He has been a university professor and his pic looks like he is a very happy guy.

I am very happy for him. It was a fun search to run.

I have not stayed in touch with old friends at all, because of moving so much when I was younger.

However, it is fun to Google various people and see what they are up to.

One sobering fact that I discovered is that every single man that I ever cared for to any great extent is dead, except for Frank. I told him, g-d it, he'd better not croak any time soon, or I'll be furious. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom