Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Social Security Reform - Today's News.........
Old 01-29-2005, 01:45 AM   #121

Hello RBC. Re. Washington, he was not "slow". It just took him a while to chew things over.

As usual, I could write an essay, but will restrain myself.
I do agree that we are "doomed to more of the same in
the future". I am not really a pessimist. I base this
on recent history. I can see no improvement. To the
contrary, in my view the situation has been getting
steadily worse, at least in my lifetime.

JG
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2005, 02:46 AM   #122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

[quote]Hello RBC. *Re. Washington, he was not "slow". *It just took him a while to chew things over

Not easy to eat fast with wooden teeth
Jarhead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:57 AM   #123

Yeah, I just keep setting you guys up. Once in a while
somebody takes the bait.

JG
Old 01-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #124

cut-throat, you always talk about poverty ,civil rights and slavery. I am a minority in the mississippi delta. I see more poverty in 15 seconds ,than you have seen on tv in your life. I see civil rights violated everyday,now mostly against whites, here in the delta. The only slaves in the US today , are slaves to govt programs. I guess it would make you mad ,if I told you how drive in the snow or other things I know nothing about. cut-throat, whats your point?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #125
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am a minority in the mississippi delta. I see more poverty in 15 seconds ,than you have *seen on tv in your life. I see civil rights violated everyday,now mostly against whites, here in the delta.
Well, at least this is a post from someone out of a different mold from most here. I am curious. When you say you are a minority in the Mississippi Delta, do you mean that you are "A Minoriity" (African American, Hispanic, First American, etc.) who happens to live in the Mississippi Delta? Or do you mean that you are white, or perhaps a "non-minority" Asian, and due to your residing in the delta, you are in fact locally in the minority?

I imagine that in either case you could have much to share with us, and I hope that you will do so.

Mikey
Old 01-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #126

Not my idea...but a good one. IMHO

SS Private Accounts.
How about you have just one choice TIPS. The account is YOURS, you can include it into your estate. The money is yours.

Another plus is, this does not need a "bridge loan", the money is taken away from Washington, and the politicians.

Billy
website www.geocities.com/ba264
Old 01-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #127

Quote:
cut-throat, you always talk about poverty ,civil rights and slavery. I am a minority in the mississippi delta. I see more poverty in 15 seconds ,than you have *seen on tv in your life. I see civil rights violated everyday,now mostly against whites, here in the delta. The only slaves in the US today , are slaves to govt programs. I guess it would make you mad ,if I told you how drive in the snow or other things I know nothing about. cut-throat, *whats your point?
Well, I used to live in the south about 35 years ago, they still had restrooms in gas stations back then labeled Men, Women and Colored.

You don't have to live with discrimination to know it's wrong, but apparently it has not helped you.

What is your point?

Old 01-30-2005, 05:06 AM   #128

Alot can change in 35 years. We still have people with a chip on their shoulder, like you, but 90% of the others get along just fine even if we are different. Maybe you should come back for a visit and see for your self, you can't believe everthing you see on TV. I'm 51 . I can can remember the seperate bathrooms, water fountains , seating in theaters and restaurants. All of that changed a long time ago. I was in Greenwood Jr HI the first year of integration 1966. We had no problems,but on the news at night, Boston was burning because of integration. I climbed telephone poles for 30years in small delta towns ,where i would not see another white person all day. It was no big deal, you can't be a racist and survive today. Get real.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:27 AM   #129

guest,
Hi, Greenville MS class of 66 here. Senior year was also the first year of integration. Only 6 African-Americans, but no problems all year. The first day there were police all over the place and, except for people staring, no problems. Problems did not develop until Greenville started busing white children to black neighborhood schools. I had left by then but I heard that people moved out of the city and so-called "Christian schools" emerged as "white" only.

Haven't been back in a long time but I think everything finally got better.
Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 AM   #130

Hi Tadpole. The public schools are almost all black now,but some of the private schools do have blacks also. The biggest problems now are drug related crimes. In the larger cities, you can shop where you know you are safe. Here you have very few choices and you have to be careful even in daylight hours. You know how small the delta towns are, the local TV stations report murders almost every night. If it wasn't for the drugs, this would be a great place to live.

Old 01-30-2005, 06:48 AM   #131
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hi Tadpole. The public schools are almost all black now,but some of the private schools do have blacks also. The biggest problems now are drug related crimes. In the larger cities, you can shop where you know you are safe. Here you have very few choices and you have to be careful even in daylight hours. You know how small the delta towns are, the local TV stations report murders almost every night. If it wasn't for the drugs, this would be a great place to live.
This doesn't sound like much of a place to live to me.

So how does this fit with your statement about there are no slaves but slaves to government programs?

This is probably a small thing, but it is easier to have an interaction with someone if they have a name other than "guest", even if it is a made up name.

Martha

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #132

Martha, the good thing about living here is eveyone has to work together to solve our problems. The towns are so small that no matter what race, if you have a problem I have the same problem. Drug related gangs have driven blacks and whites out of public schools, I feel sorry for the ones that want to leave and can't because of cost. Most of the drugs are in the gov't projects, and there are alot of them. The people who live in the projects seem to be happy just living there ,doing drugs , drinking and living off the gov't. Thats sad,but I worked in these pojects for 30 years and saw it evryday. Thats what I call slaves to the gov't. programs.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #133

So, are you saying that there is no such thing as racism in the U.S. in 2005?

Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 AM   #134

No, but it's not nearly as bad as in the past. The last person that told me they were a raciest, was a black lady in Winona after talking ,as I was working in her home,she said her daughter had married a white man in Chicago.By the time I left she and I were laughing and talking,I hope I changed her a little.I don't think alot of people know racism can go more than one way.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:03 AM   #135

Quote:
No, but it's not nearly as bad as in the past.
Well, Well - I just heard the U.S. Minority Prison Population all break out in a rendition of Kum Ba Ya!

U.S. Prison Population by Race

Although blacks account for only 12 percent of the U.S. population, 44 percent of all prisoners in the United States are black
Old 01-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #136
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Well, Well - I just heard the U.S. Minority Prison Population all break out in a rendition of Kum Ba Ya!

U.S. Prison Population by Race

Although blacks account for only 12 percent of the U.S. population, 44 percent of all prisoners in the United States are black
Hate to say it Cut-Throat, but you may have just proved that blacks commit more crime, and proportionately way more crime.

Which is really not much of a secret to anyone living in the real world. Just ask Jesse Jackson.

Mikey
Old 01-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #137
Recycles dryer sheets

Do blacks commit more crimes or are they convicted of more crimes? Is Rush in jail for his drug problem? How many blacks are sent to jail for their drug problem instead of some posh rehab clinic?
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #138
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

The more money you have, the better lawyer you can afford. It's like anything else, follow the money.
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:45 PM   #139

Quote:
Do blacks commit more crimes or are they convicted of more crimes?
According to the stats posted here the answer is yes to both. Hard to believe 12% of the population causes 44% of the crimes. Even if there are a few unfortunate false positives here or there, that's quite an impressive statistic.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #140

Quote:
According to the stats posted here the answer is yes to both. *Hard to believe 12% of the population causes 44% of the crimes. *Even if there are a few unfortunate false positives here or there, that's quite an impressive statistic.
R40,

Please tell us why you are so impressed with this statistic. And going further, have you come to any conclusions on what should be done about this?

We're listening.

Tags
social security