Join Early Retirement Today

Some Jaguars are a pain...
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Some Jaguars are a pain...

I've been looking for a replacement for my 1988 Jag with 210,000 plus miles. It srill runs great has plenty of power but the PA highway crew's salting in winter has done a good job.

Looking through Craigslist found this, but not a good candidate given the description:

CAR IS VERY CLEAN ,INSIDE AND OUT ,RUNS GREAT,,GARAGE KEPT,,,THE PRIC IS FAIR I THINK........CALL IF YOU WANT IT!! ........... CARL

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Besides that model year (1991) has "Attack" seat belts. (automatic)
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

My mom has a '03 Jag with about 3000 miles on it - not for sale though Just curious, why so set on a Jag? Nice cars, but there are better ones out there in the used car market IMHO. Not only the obvious ones like Hondas, but many well made American cars.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Some of the older Jaguars have (I think) the most beautiful body styles ever made. Maybe not the one in the photo. Anyway, I used to yearn for a Jaguar, before I could afford one. Now, they don't do that much for me. Pretty, but then I don't have to own everything pretty that I see.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

A friend of mine has a Jag - by far the most comfortable riding vehicle I've every been in.
Ronstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
My mom has a '03 Jag with about 3000 miles on it - not for sale though Just curious, why so set on a Jag? Nice cars, but there are better ones out there in the used car market IMHO. Not only the obvious ones like Hondas, but many well made American cars.
I like the 1994 through 1997 6 cylinder models. The only family sedan that I've ever driven that handles like a sports car, without the harshness. Smooooth and comfortable. And prices for those models/years are relatively cheap, due to dismal reputation. I just stay way from the 12 and the later 8 cylinder models. I as most owners of those years like to further that bad image, impression, which is not really true.

I have a very good working knowledge of them. If I did not, would not have them, would have to buy the mechanic, mucho Drachma. DW has a 2004 Buick Lesabre, I drive it occasionally, don't much care for the way it rides, or the seat geometry. She loves it.

PS: DW is dragging me off to the hot tub, 'night all.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Gone but not forgotten

My SO had a jag when we meet .That car spent more time in the hospital( car ) than I did and I'm an RN.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote