Something else I don't get !

I don't understand even wanting those shoes. As usual some of the comments on the video provide additional entertainment.

Those people are being taken advantage of big time, including by the news casters making fun of them. It hardly seems right.
Derision and mockery of poor decisionmaking seems the least of their problems, and holds hope of possibly inducing a beneficial change in behavior.

Those people are being taken advantage of big time, including by the news casters making fun of them. It hardly seems right.
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break

W.C. Fields.

Derision and mockery of poor decision making seems the least of their problems, and holds hope of possibly inducing a beneficial change in behavior.
Good point, there's something to be said for sensible societal norms.

You wouldn't catch me waiting in a long queue to buy my ASIC Cumulous running shoes. But my new ones sure look cool. All the deer in the park where I run are very impressed. :)

You don't have to stand in line--you can buy them on eBay for a lot more than $180.

To borrow from another current string, "Wow, those people are lucky they can afford expensive shoes." ;-)

I pay about $135 (give or take $5) for my New Balance running shoes, because for my feet they are a big help in preventing plantar fasciitis. But for some reason I doubt that these people all have problem feet.

Those shoes are even more expensive than mine. My guess is that either incredibly comfortable, or (more likely, IMO) the biggest rip-off fad of the year.

Those who manage to beat down the rest of the crowd and grab a pair will be getting just what they deserve when that credit card bill arrives, unless they plan to re-sell them on eBay. I heard they are going for over $500 there.

Let's ask your typical 14-year-old teenager if they'd like to have a pair of Michael Jordan sneakers. Wait, here comes one now!

Teen: "Michael who?"

I used to work across the street from this very mall. Government housing just up the street. Greenspoint aka "Gunspoint" mall.

Section 8 housing and $180 Nike tennis shoes, WTF is wrong with that picture ?

I really feel for those who can't help themselves but feel no compassion for those who can and chose the entitlement route and then bitch about being kept down by the man.

There has to be some checks and balances put in the system.

I'm not at all sure how to think about this sort of buyer behavior?

1. Did it hurt anyone?
2. Is the buyer more motivated to do good in other avenues of his life?
3. Was it intended to cause envy in others?
4. Should the money have been spent on "good things" like reading glasses?
5. Did it help the overall or local economy (provide jobs) in some way?
6. Did it contribute to any balance of trade problems?
7. Etc., etc.

Plenty of questions.

Of course, this sort of luxury is over the top by most people's standards.

I watched some videos of that mob behavior and don't get it either. My thoughts are that this is a good example of why there will always be the 99% willing to give all of their money to the 1%. I wonder if the Occupy folks were watching? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom