Songs That Are Stuck In Your Head

Steely!
Ok I do of course love the song.
But the band reminds me why dancing might should be left to the younger folks at the risk of slightly looking ridiculous.
And yes, now stuck in my head. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Steely!
Ok I do of course love the song.
But the band reminds me why dancing might should be left to the younger folks at the risk of slightly looking ridiculous.
And yes, now stuck in my head. :)
Some of us were more than slightly ridiculous even dancing when young. :)

Great link, Steely. Some of the comments were fantastic
It takes remarkable talent to be that bad and yet still be awesome.

Sarah in SC and MichaelB: I'm glad you liked it! I am very much looking forward to the show, they are really good.

This is a bit non-PC, but no offense intended: it reminded me of an evening in September when I attended a birthday party. I bought the birthday girl a copy of Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years, we "had a little too much", and did the "White Folks' Drunk Dance" to "Have A Good Time". It was hilarious - I stink at dancing :D

Pink Floyd Another Brick In The Wall Music Video

Last edited:
Oh stop.

Here's one, probably many outside the state of Missouri never got to hear these guys.

I had the pleasure of w*rking with Ron West(vocals, guitar) for a long time. Heck of a good guy.

https://youtu.be/9cdO9OPL60c

Caruso as sung by Lara Fabian. written by Lucio Dalla. Yeah it is in Italian, no I don't speak Italian, but the VOICE. It has been in my head for weeks. Oh yeah speaks four languages fluent and sings in I think seven.

Last edited:
Can anybody NOT miss John Denver's music? Never to be forgotten and on a do-loop in my mind from time to time.

Here's one of the best covers of 'Into the Mystic' that I've seen - really don't mind this one being stuck in my head!

Out of the blue the other day, I found myself singing: "Now coca cola comes in easy ring-pull cans" to the tune of Gimme Dat Ding:
What a cluttered thing my brain is!

I was always disappointed when Red's Budweiser came in a pop top can on That 70's Show! :eek:)

I have no idea what made me think of this song earlier today but it's been stuck since then.

Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People. My spinning instructor played it a couple of times before she got some objections to the lyrics (about school shootings) but the melody is one of those that is almost hypnotic.

Bailando (Dancing)

by Enrique Iglesias

Nice upbeat tune to play while working out.

Bailando

I recently saw the movie "Jersey Boys" which is about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. "Rag Doll" is still bouncing around my skull

"Rag Doll"

Ooh, ooh
Ah, Rag doll ooh, ooh
Rag doll, ooh

(Hand me down)
When she was just a kid her clothes were hand-me-downs
(Hand me down)
They always laughed at her when she came into town

Called her Rag Doll
Little Rag Doll
Such a pretty face
Should be dressed in lace

Ooh, ooh
Ah, Rag doll ooh, ooh
Rag doll, ooh

(Shag rag doll)
I'd change her sad rags into glad rags if I could
(If I could)
My folks won't let me cause they say that she's no good

She's a rag doll
Such a rag doll
Though I love her so
I can't let her know

Ooh ooh
Ah, Rag doll
I love you just they way you are
Oh, Rag Doll, ooh
Oh, Rag Doll, ooh

THE FOUR SEASONS LYRICS - Rag Doll

Mel Torme/George Shearing...
The Folks Who Live on the Hill... the slower version.
Memories from 1962... when we lived in Falmouth Mass... and would go to Hyannis to drive by the Kennedy compound, to see if we could catch a glimpse... and then on to Hyannis Beach for the day.On the way home, a stop at the Piano Bar (can't remember the name)... With chairs all the way up to the Grand Piano...dark, dreamy, soft and sweet... like the 1940's movies... and Mel Torme, singing the song that forever sticks in my head, and that I still subconsciously sing aloud. Rob Roy cocktails and no special time to be home. One of those magical moments
We didn't get our house on the hill, but managed ones on the lake, here in Illinois and also in Florida.

Mel Torme... prodigy and master of voice and jazz... The Shearing background for the "Folks" song was done in the 70's when his voice became deeper. The "Velvet Fog"... never before or since such a perfect match of tonality and timing.
For purists... same song... about 25 years earlier.

Last edited:
DW & I STILL have this one floating around, (in fact, the 'album' is playing on the 'puter at this very moment):

Baby Blue (Badfinger?) from the last episode of Breaking Bad.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Pugliese: Desde el Alama = from the soul, The orchestra sounds like and is likely, Color Tango

Back
Top Bottom