Songs that sound like the Beatles

"Alone again (naturally)" always sounded like a Beatles song to me when I heard it from lo-fi radios in later part of the last century. I swore the vocalist was Paul.

Kind of a stretch in that Paul McCartney wrote and produced some of their songs - with that said they still really sound like the Beatles to me...

To me, a lot of Badfinger songs sound like Paul is singing. I know both George and Paul had a hand in some of their recordings on the Apple label.

Kind of a stretch in that Paul McCartney wrote and produced some of their songs - with that said they still really sound like the Beatles to me...
[/url]

Challenge on :) Bigger stretch here...

Imagine that Paul and John female and wrote this one. Ignore the cheesy arrangement, lyrically and musically it's beatle-esque. Interesting chord progression, thematic, etc.

Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five) - YouTube

I remember back in 1979 when The Knack hit the scene and their debut album was so hot that many were comparing them to the Beatles. But then their second album was a bit of a bust, the third album even more of a bust and they basically burned brightly for a year or so before quickly burning out.

To me, a lot of Badfinger songs sound like Paul is singing. I know both George and Paul had a hand in some of their recordings on the Apple label.

You should read the history of the band Badfinger...what a calamity... It would be hard to find a group that had a nice run and received nothing from it. They got screwed every which way but the right way. Although most is available now I believe, I remember trying to buy their music 10 years or so after they broke up and it wasn't available. All tied up in courts and lawsuits I remember.

Funny this topic and your post should appear now. Last weekend while in the car, I was listening to an old Casey Kasem America's Top 40 on XM radio and the next song on the survey was from Badfinger. Casey said they knew nothing about the band, never received any publicity about them, but boy they sure sound like the Beatles!

You should read the history of the band Badfinger...what a calamity... It would be hard to find a group that had a nice run and received nothing from it. They got screwed every which way but the right way. Although most is available now I believe, I remember trying to buy their music 10 years or so after they broke up and it wasn't available. All tied up in courts and lawsuits I remember.

Also, two of the members committed suicide because they were so depressed by how they got screwed money wise.

Also, two of the members committed suicide because they were so depressed by how they got screwed money wise.

I forgot there were 2. I knew the whole situation was a bad deal though.

Some of Jeff Lynne's songs have a Beatles sound to them, but that may reflect the involvement of George or Ringo with various projects, such as Traveling Wilburys.

Some of Jeff Lynne's songs have a Beatles sound to them, but that may reflect the involvement of George or Ringo with various projects, such as Traveling Wilburys.

Agree along with some of the Electric Light Orchestra stuff.

Which was exactly the 180 degree opposite intent of Apple Corp/Records, founded by The Beatles, which signed Badfinger. Apple was created to avoid all that thieving attitude of the recording industry. But when the Fab Four imploded in the early 1970s, so did Apple, and thus Badfinger. I don't think Apple necessarily stole from Badfinger, only that their royalties were tied up for ... what? Decades? As were the Beatles' royalties.

Meanwhile, perhaps Badfinger's management stole from the group.

Mick Jagger telss the story of waking up one day to discover that the Rolling Stones had signed over the copyrights to all their early material to Allen Klein of ABKCO--and he didn't recall ever signing such a document. That's a common story: "I don't recall ever signing away my nest egg, my retirement: the copyrights to my songs!"

Back
Top Bottom