Songs with a Color in the Title

smiley-love035.gif

TANGERINE ~ Jimmy Dorsey & his Orchestra 1942.wmv - YouTube

Keep'em coming!

....There's fruit, at least one musical instrument, a lost stash, rivers, a number in the 90's, a band that played at the Fillmore East but should have stayed away from Macon, something that bounces, a piano player and a car, what a bee does...

Green Tambarine-- Lemon Pipers

Counting Blue Cars---Dishwalla

Little Red Corvette; Blue Bayou

Keep'em coming!

....There's fruit, at least one musical instrument, a lost stash, rivers, a number in the 90's, a band that played at the Fillmore East but should have stayed away from Macon, something that bounces, a piano player and a car, what a bee does...

okapi got the musical instrument --> Green Tambourine

There's a fruit one still, top 40 song with the line "and it don't rain in Min-inn-apolis in the summertime".

The lost stash is still lost. It was used years later as a movie theme song.

Surprised no one got the 'band that played at the Fillmore East but should have stayed away from Macon' yet. Two hints in that one :)

The piano player singing about his father's car is still out there, as is a bouncing object and a song by what a bee does...

There's also a song from a famous British band about a miscreant student.

Here's a song I just thought of:
It's A Beautiful Day - White Bird (1969) - YouTube

Gotta leave for work, so no link, but there's "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the old Oak Tree", by Tony Orlando and Dawn

Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green [-]Genes[/-] Jeans.

Attachments

• thumbnail[9].jpg
    thumbnail[9].jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 118
Well Telly...you did say bees. :)

No No NO No NO!

That song should be picked up with tongs by a person wearing a full HAZ-MAT suit, and dropped into a sealed container, put into one of those big stainless-steel nuclear waste casks, and transported under guard to a toxic waste incineration facility. And the smoke and ash pumped way underground on a planet in some other galaxy.

And then a big red X painted across that portion of the universe as a warning to all life forms for all eternity.

I looked up on wiki the dreaded BG, the singer of the most toxic song ever, and this is what they said:

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that the song frequently appears on "worst songs of all-time" lists, and in April 2006, Todd Leopold of CNN named it the "Worst Song of All Time.

Of course, they were soft-pedalling it with those nice comments, not wanting to panic the masses or to make the Russians and Chinese think that we might be violating the Geneva Convention on weapons.

bbbamI, I was thinking more along the lines of a song by Sting...

:LOL:....don't hold back Telly....:whistle:

I'm stepping quietly away from this thread...no sudden moves now...

Any color you want it to be.....(well maybe not tartan or paisley):

[youtube]pZ19XmG0vE4[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom