Southern Food(s)

I've eaten 30, and actually eat and enjoy 17 on a pretty regular basis.
Oh yeah, I'm cajun and live in south Louisiana, sha!

23 that I have tried at least once, and 15 that I like well enough eat on a regular basis either at home or in a restaurant.

Born and raised in the Boston area, but moved to St. Louis after college and had many projects in the south.

29 for me. Most I have actually come to like (used to think of "greens" as grass and refused to eat them, but with enough butter and onion, they are not all bad....

33 - life-long southerner and pretty adventurous eater.

I have not looked it up, but I have doubts that "Liver Mush" is a southern dish (or even a dish at all).

One should not eat Pokeweed at all - cooked, raw, young, whatever...... The toxicity can vary quite a bit and young does not mean safe nor does boiled X times mean safe. There are lots of safe, wild greens to eat in the south if you get a "hankering' for greens".

6----yep, spent most of my life in Wisconsin, Minnesota & Michigan.....

37, I lack the burgoo and chocolate gravy. but i'm willing to learn. I suspect pore vittles is why yankees roam south. snowbirds, hmmpf.

I got 24.

I would curious to see if there was any correlation between this number and BMI. :hide:

Skip the BMI. Post Katrina first checkup my Missouri Doc asked about what I ate. 400 cholesterol.

heh heh heh - still take pills and turns out he was originally from Metairie a New Orleans suburb. :facepalm: Sin is now usually BBQ. ;)

14, and I’ve lived up north or abroad most of my life. Lived in TX twice, FL once and about to start on my fourth (and probably final) chapter living south, this time NC, and looking forward to it! I make shrimp & grits, red beans & rice and jambalaya fairly regularly at home - doesn’t everybody?

Last edited:
Scored 23. Proud Yankee now living in the South. Older folks still bring up the “War of Northern Aggression”, usually in a pleasant way.

So, we go out to dinner last night and what did we find on the menu!
Hoppin John, boiled peanuts, chicken fried chicken, bacon braised greens and crawfish hushpuppies

While Southern, I am also low carb. I had a salad with steak. :facepalm:

Attachments

• H John.jpg
    H John.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Boiled Peanuts.jpg
    Boiled Peanuts.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 12
14, and I’ve lived up north or abroad most of my life. Lived in TX twice, FL once and about to start on my fourth (and probably final) chapter living south, this time NC, and looking forward to it! I make shrimp & grits, red beans & rice and jambalaya fairly regularly at home - doesn’t everybody?

Of course! Or yeah you rite.

:D

heh heh heh - sadly no more fried - boiled, baked and the Wife says skip the roux(yikes) more often than not. :(

Louisiana Boy - I've eaten all but a couple of these. My grandmother made the best squirrel stew (turtle, too!). I boil crawfish a couple of times a year and just fried a bit batch of fried chicken last night. Man, I'm already hungry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom