Southern Rock

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is my favorite even though I still cringe at the Stars and Bars in the background. Something coming from a lady who has lived most her life in Virginia, huh? Also reminds me in a very good way of one of my favorite posters on this board. A very strong, wise and free spirited lady.

Care to share any of your Southern Rock favs? Maybe HFWR will have more to share than his list of favorite "hair bands" ;-)

Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free Bird-BBC 1975 - YouTube

Last edited:
Little Feat.........

Dawg, I'm happy to see yours is the first reply. You were in my mind. My Southern, dawg lovin' gentleman. :)

Oh yeah, awesome song too!!

Another great choice.

Another great music topic. :)

With the iPad I can't see all the links, and I haven't figured out how to post YouTube links either, but I've always been partial to Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man

Oh man...I love all these. Guess I'll delay bedtime a while listening to them. Thanks all for posting.

Last edited:
Just to bring it into modern times, I'll mention that the Drive By Truckers are a damn fine southern rock band. Actually they hold their own in ANY genre. Too bad I can't do any links from this computer... Go check out Southern Rock Opera! Their tale of a young man growing up in Alabama and worshipping Skynrd.

Keim

PS-FRREEEBBBBIIIIIRRRRRRDDDDDDD!

Lots of good Truckers songs to choose from, Sarah.

Back
Top Bottom