SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launch

njhowie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Tune in to spacex.com/webcast about 20 minutes prior.

Falcon Heavy is their biggest rocket currently flying, and this is their first commercial launch. Last year they did their test launch putting Elon's Tesla Roadster into orbit and it was all a huge success.

The highlight is seeing the side boosters coming back and landing in unison.

If you haven't seen a SpaceX launch previously, try to make time for it - it is something special to see.

Last edited:
DH expecting it at 5:36PM Cental Time. Launch window opens 6:35 pm Eastern Time and closes at 8:32pm eastern.

Well, I’m not so sure now either. DH looked again and found 8pm eastern. Hard to get straight!

He’s going by this:
https://www.spacex.com/webcast

Space.com now says 8PM:

The Falcon Heavy megarocket, the most powerful booster currently in use, is set to launch the Arabsat-6A communications satelliteinto orbit from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida today at 8 p.m. EDT (0000 April 11 GMT). SpaceX was targeting an earlier launch time, but announced the new target this afternoon via Twitter due to wind concerns.

https://www.space.com/spacex-falcon-heavy-arabsat-6a-launch-landing-webcast.html

Last edited:
SpaceX website says April 11, 8pm EDT.
Am I missing something?

We watch them from our back lanai. Although we are some 90 miles north, we can still see them clearly when looking south. Watching those booster return landings on site would be something else. Has to be the best Tech. out there. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the last 2 land.

https://www.spacex.com/webcast says:

"SpaceX is targeting Thursday, April 11 for a Falcon Heavy launch of the Arabsat-6A satellite from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The launch window opens at 6:35 p.m. EDT, or 22:35 UTC, and closes at 8:31 p.m. EDT, or 00:31 UTC on Friday, April 12."

So the schedule could slip further if needed.

Last edited:
I kept loosing video for some reason.. checked my speed and have plenty...

Had to refresh all the time, but saw the two side land and then the center (no video)...

SOOO, seems like a very successful launch so far... will see if the rest goes as good as the first stage...

Amazing launch and stunning recovery of ALL three boosters, even the one landing on the drone ship (almost dead center even though you could see the ship heaving in the waves)

WTB SpaceX stock

Wow - all three boosters landed.
2 side by side and one on the recovery ship in the Atlantic

We live in amazing times

Awesome, goosebumps every time I see this. Watching a Falcon heavy launch at the Cape is one of my retirement goals.

I live nearer the Wallops Launch facility in Virginia and have witnessed one of their launches to the ISS. Another one goes up next week. Not nearly as large and spectacular as Elon's rockets, but highly recommended!

I think I will plan a trip around seeing the BFR launch when they get it ready. It is supposed to have a bigger payload capacity than a Saturn V.

Saw the vapor trail from the pool deck. :)

I gotta say, that is REAL News and not one news channel carried it live, and I live in NE FLA!!!! Watched most of it on line, those booster landings brought tears to my eyes, Simply unbelievable!

I'm impressed. Watching the two boosters land side by side, and the the third on the mobile pad was quite awesome (I did lose the video at the exact landing of the third).

I guess the gov't is now out of the space business. Except the really risky stuff like going to Mars.

Yeah, cool! I saw the spectacular first landing of the 2 side boosters a year ago. It was great to see that all three lands this time!

In a few years they will be launching from Boca Chica. We might be able to catch some trail from our house. Or we can go to Padre Island for a much closer view.

Back
Top Bottom