Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Speaking of financial mistakes...
Old 05-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9
Maybe a few people got hot and bothered. However I doubt many Vette or Boxster sales were scrapped in favor of the PT
True, but the PT sold a lot more copies.

"Who among us is smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others?" - Voltaire
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

The PT was cool - 10 years ago! But I wish the American automakers all the best, I'm hoping this adversity will eventually be the mother of invention and creativity for them.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Can't remember the specifics but I read that the Time Warner - AOL merge was equally devastating.

What are these people smoking?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan

Corporate arrogance drives mergers: We can buy that company and make everyone rich. The only ones that get rich are the CEOs and the Investment Bankers.

(BTW we rented a PT Cruiser a couple of years ago. It is a truly crappy car. We had expected a Nissan Sentra which we had before and it is a great little car.)
Old 05-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence

People trust American trucks, but if gas hits $4, that may be the nail in the coffin.
That was mostly because there still was not competition.... the foreign trucks were just not up to the job of the big domestics... but now that is changing with the big Toyota... and I am sure that in a decade or so, they will lose that advantage..
Old 05-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_The_Gypsy
Maybe, but it goes like stink! Like the old Cobra. Carrol Shelby was the Viper's godfather, I read. Ol' Shel rocks. First lotto check buys me one (after I pay off the house).

I think I would be buying the C6 Vette.... faster, better handling and easier to drive 'normal'....
Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

I just don't see me buying domestic again...

Ford screwed me with an old Cougar... it had major problems they knew about, but never told anybody for about 10plus years when they had to in a lawsuit... I don't care if they get the quality up to the Toyota and Honda... they are toast..

I do have a GM that is good, but there is not much in their lineup that I like... and they seem to be far behind in technology... most of the full sized cars are still 4 sp autos... come on!!! 5 speed and even 6 speeds are becoming the norm...

I have never owned Chrysler, but my sister has... always having problems with them but still bought them all the time... her last car.... Lexus... but her hubby had the RAM diesel...