Spices

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Cook/BIL sent us this site after we were asking about galangale after visiting a Thai restaurant. Pretty cool in a scientific/germanic kinda way - always wondered about the Kaffir lime name... Heavy on Asian spices
http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/index.html

Home | McCormick® is more the Cambell's soup version.

Thought you cunning cooker types might enjoy -

Very interesting page. I was recently thinking of asking for some spice help.

Ha

I love curry and often put a tiny pinch in many dishes. Even those say who they don't like curry often ask me for my recipe. Try a dash in a plain dish like potato salad.

Nah man you got to repeatedly scoop mounds of that stuff into the coconut milk you've got turning oily in the pan. Mash it, crush it, let it all become a lovely even color before dropping the meat in.

I love it all green red yellow massaman panang gimme gimme gimme.

Kaffir lime leaves are perfect for a small bite, shred 'em and drop 'em in that panang beef you're making woooohooo.

Ok now you guys did it I'm going out for Thai food tonight... pad see ew, pad woon sen, again and again, never to end.

I love it all green red yellow massaman panang gimme gimme gimme.

Kaffir lime leaves are perfect for a small bite, shred 'em and drop 'em in that panang beef you're making woooohooo.

Ok now you guys did it I'm going out for Thai food tonight... pad see ew, pad woon sen, again and again, never to end.
I think I'll have what tiuxiu is having...

Back
Top Bottom