Spock has died

Leonard Nimoy’s Passion for Photography

... what a lot of people may not know is that Nimoy was also a passionate photographer.

Nimoy picked up an interest in photography as a child, studied photography at UCLA, and even considered changing careers from acting to full-time photographer.

Warning: There is some artistic nudity in the links and videos below.

Our son was over last night and brought his BluRay boxed set of all the Star Trek movies. We watched Star Trek ll, the one with Khan.

It was nice to see it again although I slept through about a third of it, but I do that with a lot of TV ;)

I know it's sad that he died, but they should be doing the fal tor pan procedure any time now, and he'll be good as new.

RIP

I really think he was key to the success of Star Trek.

Agreed but let's not forget Uhura and Scotty... or Bones, for that matter.

I think you can judge that based on the ubiquity of the sayings in common use. I think LLAP is pretty popular. Also, "I'm a doctor, not a xxxxxx, dammit" gets some use. But I think "Kirk out" is the winner.

Personally I think the interaction between Shatner and Nimoy and the others is what made it work. He's (Shatner) is a caricature, but he knows it and plays to it. Whatever, it was a great show.

An interesting article in today's Washington Post:

What Spock taught me about being human

From the time I was seven or eight in the late 1970s, when most other girls my age had crushes on Davy Jones of The Monkees, Donny Osmond or Michael Jackson, I was obsessed with Spock. He was not just my favorite TV character of all time, hands down, ever. He was my first love.
Also, worth noting, is this aside on the show itself:

But unless you yearned to be a sexy, low-level officer in a tight red mini skirt with an impossibly high beehive, a sexy, glorified operator (sorry, Uhura, but that’s what you were back then), a sexy nurse (with the unrequited hots for Spock), a sexy bedmate of the randy Captain Kirk, or a victim, there were no role models for you. Feminists hated the show.

Back
Top Bottom