Spock people search

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Spock is a new sort of search engine that scrounges through information bases about people and tries to get you results that are a lot better than your average google/switchboard search.

Spock: About

I was invited to participate in the beta test, and have been allowed to invite others to participate. There is no obligation, although the thing does like to ask you to 'connect all your dots' by giving it your email addresses, "linked-in", myspace and other social sites.

Presumably by doing this user fed and automated "connecting", they'll eventually social network everyone and you'll be able to find people quickly and easily.

If anyone wants to play with it, PM me with an email address and i'll send you an invitation. Extra points for creative requests and offers of any form of bribery.

I'm already "linkedyn" and realized I know too many people.

I wonder what Gene Roddenberry's family thinks about the spock.com domain?

I don't want to be found...

Well, maybe by Ed McMahon or Vida Guerra...

I wonder what Gene Roddenberry's family thinks about the spock.com domain?

You know, I was wondering the same thing. Theres gotta be some kind of patent/trademark/copyright on it.

But you'd think at least the vc guys would have tapped on that by now.

I don't want to be found...

Me either! I like being lost and unnoticed in this universe!

In the past, I've searched online for myself, and I was nowhere to be found! I want to keep it that way!

There are only a few (very few) secure sites and financial institutions online where I've used my true identity. Everywhere else I use phony names, addresses, phone #'s, birth dates, and that sort of thing. So now the cat's outta the bag, Goonie isn't my real name! :D

Me either! I like being lost and unnoticed in this universe!

Due to my previous employment, I am very "Google-able" and I don't like it one bit! And I used to be very happy that my home address/phone number was not readily available because I have a non-listed address in the phone book. Then, ZabaSearch changed that for me as pointed out by one of my previous employees.

Recently my DD applied for a job and was asked during a follow up interview if she is related to me -- obviously they Googled her name and came up with my listings.

Why don't I like this transparency of information, you ask? Well, several years ago I witnessed a series crime and my testimony was instrumental in putting the criminal away for a long time. Even though I had all kinds of assurances from the police and the courts that my identity would be concealed from the guy -- for a very long time I was very concerned about possible repercussions. I've even moved to another city. But still I look over my shoulder every now and then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom