Join Early Retirement Today

Spotify has led me back
Old 12-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Spotify has led me back

I have been a lover of music since I was about 5 years old. When I was kid, I would sit a listen to an entire album in one sitting. By this I mean I just sit there and "LISTEN". Then for about the last 25 years I slowly grew to play music in the background while doing something else, like balancing checkbook, cooking, watch sports on muted tv, etc. I still loved music but it took a secondary role in life.
Enter Spotify and my new Bose digital system. For the past couple months I am deeply back in love. Most people already know about Spotify, Pandora, and all the music streaming services. I was late to the rodeo. But man it is sweet. At the touch of a button I can listen to a song from Nirvana, an entire album from Cat Stevens, an assortment of Christmas tunes from the 1960s, 70, 80 thru 2016. Spotify has every song and album I can think of. Never been let down even once. And I have some obsure interests.
I can proudly say I am back into just sitting and listening for an hour straight. Another benefit being retired!
chuck
cbo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Same here. We went the Sonos route but are ever so happy. I had hundreds of vinyl - all gone now. That which I wanted to save has been ripped and resides on an Ipad. The music services fill in the blanks. We tried the Bose system but did not
have such great luck but are totally happy with the Sonos. Bose sounded pretty good but it kept cutting in/out. This technology is AMAZING and so easy.
molly312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Another happy Sonos user here. I was on the fence for quite a while but the Black Friday sale at Amazon knocked me off the fence. That and being able to upload my digital music collection to GOOGLE and then play it via the Sonos app.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I listen to a lot of Pandora, and recently got a Bose SoundTouch system with some bonus dollars from Dell. It's pretty nice, although I haven't figured out how to get it to stream my music from my hard drive yet. I don't use iTunes or MS Media Player, which is where the Bose looks for the library. And I've got about 700 albums on the hard drive, so I'm missing that. But I'll get it. I haven't looked at Spotify, but will probably do that when we get down to FL. It's nice to be able to listen to a whole album without having to get up and turns it over.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:15 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have always preferred to listen to music clearly with no other distraction. I just enjoy it more. Pandora has gotten to know me well, and has led me to previously unknown artists that I have bought albums from.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Sonos/Pandora fan here. While I can detect a slight difference in sound quality between CD's and streamed music, my hearing is getting to point where it barely matters. SIL has close to $50k in sound system and while I can barely detect the quality difference, it's certainly not worth it to me. LP's? No thanks, I do not miss the pops and crackles.
H2ODude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

We love music as well. Lots of concerts, outside and inside sound system, upgraded sounds systems in our cars, listen while working out, while doing yard work, driving, you name it. There are a lot of great streaming services, my favorite is Apple Music. You can also view the lyrics to most of the songs in AppleMusic, so if you are listening to Steven Miller and think the song says, "Oh, big old jet had a light out..." it is actually "Oh, big old jet airliner."
Rdub is offline   Reply With Quote