Join Early Retirement Today

Sprint drops customers who complain about their service
Old 07-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sprint drops customers who complain about their service

Sprint dumping 1,000 customers

Apparently sending everyone through voice menu hell isnt satisfactory anymore. Now if you complain about receiving lousy service from a company, you can be fired as a customer.

One of these days, someone is going to figure out that by spending a little more on customer service, you get to spend a lot less on marketing.

But then again, a lot of companies are run by marketing guys who arent going to grok that.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I love how they nicely agreed to not charge an early termination fee.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

From a shareholders point of view, I think its a smart move by Sprint. Some people are really just PITA's and cannot be pleased no matter what you do. Sprint has identified those people and is wisely dumping them and forcing them to take their problems to another firm. Not only do they rid themselves of a problem, they hurt the competition. Good for them.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post

... you can be fired as a customer.
One company sent my company a letter firing us because our projects were too small. I walked to a more convenient competitor and was assured they would be happy to have our business; and I am soooo much better off with them. Then, guess what? the dot com bubble burst and the first company vanished.

I never had a problem with Sprint but decided to use less expensive phone cards for long distance instead of trying to figure out their monthly bill.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

So is this how you can get out of your cell phone contract? Just complain and complain (hey the call is free!)?

Quote:
I love how they nicely agreed to not charge an early termination fee.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
So is this how you can get out of your cell phone contract? Just complain and complain (hey the call is free!)?
Interesting possible unintended consequence -- there are probably at least 1,000 current customers who would like to get out of their contract and who have read this story. Maybe they'll be burning up the phone lines.

Complaint: "Hey, I've complained as much as the next guy -- how come you haven't fired me?"
Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I suppose its always good to try to find the silver lining...but when I was in charge of customer service departments we tried to find the biggest complainers to help them identify where we really needed to improve.

While there are unconstructive whiner customers in every business, there are also far fewer people who bother to complain anymore.

Businesses that complain about things turning into a totally price oriented marketplace with razor thin profits have no one but themselves to blame when they work harder and harder to isolate their customers and get rid of the ones who demand better service.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote