Star Wars - are you going to see it?

48Fire

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have to admit that I have little interest in seeing the new Star Wars, but seems like a lot of people are going. Anyone here?

I'm proud of my college age son. He get's delayed gratification.

We're going to see it, but there's no need to see it the FIRST NIGHT. He noticed that by going Monday afternoon we could save a few bucks and get better seats.

Good kid.

My son and his friends are going Friday night. I want to see it but I'll wait for school to start again in January and go to a half price matinee.
Being retired, I can go to the cheap shows.:D

It'll be available on the big screen in our basement in well under a year--if the reviews are tempting enough to invest the time to watch it. :cool:

(Come to think of it, the last movie that I paid to see in a theatre was the Star Wars prequel with Jar Jar Binks. Been a while.)

Pretty sure I won't be seeing it anytime soon. I may DVR it when it debuts on one of the premium movie channels next year. Sad to say, but the three "prequels" kind of destroyed my interest in the Star Wars franchise. I'm sure this one will be better (how could it be worse?), but the magic is pretty much gone for me. :(

I can't stand crowds so i'm not going opening night or even opening week. I'll go Tue the 29th when it's just $5 even on the UltraScreen. By then it won't be sold out and it'll be much more enjoyable for me. I just have to avoid hearing about it from other people for almost 2 weeks.

We'll see it... most likely at our local theater which is $5 for seniors for 3D movies. We'll probably do a weekday afternoon matinee.. we recently saw Mockingjay at that time and DW and I were the only ones in the theater.

We may however wait and go with our kids over the holiday and just put up with the crowds.

Short answer: No.

Long answer:

I don't like to go to movie theaters any more, because the volume is so painfully high. I could wear ear plugs, but I figure, why should I HAVE to wear them just to see a movie in a theater? Also, the other patrons behave like pigs (swine, I tell you, SWINE! :LOL:) so there's that.

I'll watch it in a few years when it is on OTA TV or Netflix.

I must admit that in recent years I have become bored with most movies and television. Perhaps I am just becoming more selective and prefer the light stuff. I love watching American Idol, or movies that make me laugh like "Legally Blonde" or "Miss Congeniality".

The original "Star Wars" concept, and the entire Star Wars series to me are SO 1977.

Yes.

Sometime over the winter school break we will go as a family. I dug out my old Episodes 4-6 dvd's and we've been watching those (as a family) this week. We'll probably go after Christmas because I'm hosting a big dinner party Christmas eve and will be in full prep mode prior.

We'll go, but not now. After the crowds thin out and the grandkids leave.

I am in a minority - I haven't watched any of the Star Wars movies, which makes me certain I won't be seeing this one either.

I probably will eventually out of curiosity if nothing else. The story telling magic is long gone from the series and I'm not holding very high expectations for this one.

Saw the first Star Wars movie...fell asleep during it. I have no interest in these types of movies.

7pm show tonight wife wife and one of our sons. His twin works at a movie theater so needs to work overtime due to the expected rush this weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will probably go see it sometime in January at a Tues. afternoon matinee. By that time all the kids will be back in school and the crowds should be gone. The discussion I heard this morning on PBS doesn't give me high hopes for this movie.

A few years back I sold a couple of star wars toys I bought when the original movie came out. The revenue from that one sale is enough to pay for about 50 trips to the theater. So I kind of feel like I have to go see it.

We'll definitely go see it. But during the day when we have the theater to ourselves. I can't handle crowded movie theaters... or paying full price.

After the holidays, I'll go to a matinee when kids are in school and I won't have to deal with any crowds.

I can wait a few weeks till the crowds get lower...

Something interesting... one of my sisters and a BIL (not her husband) went to the very first Star Wars when it first opened.... before it got big... she said that the theater was pretty empty....

I can wait a few weeks till the crowds get lower...

Something interesting... one of my sisters and a BIL (not her husband) went to the very first Star Wars when it first opened.... before it got big... she said that the theater was pretty empty....

My ex and I did that too, in our case not because we were cool and all-knowing, but just by chance. We had never heard of it. We liked sci-fi, and my ex said, "hey, there's a new sci-fi movie showing tonight, let's go see if it is any good". It was. :LOL:

For some reason the crowds did not materialize for a week or two after it started showing.

Back
Top Bottom