Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Starbucks Sumatra roast is awesome. Both regular and decaf. We often blend it with French Roast for half-caf.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #42
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Third, when I came back from several years living in Brazil (world's best coffee IMHO), I searched high and low for something drinkable here, and finally settled on Starbucks Caffe Verona as about the best of the lot. That is still my regular morning coffee, made simply in a drip machine.
It's been a while since I've bought Starbucks beans, but after reading your report on Caffe Verona I'm going to try some. Perfect timing, too, as I just started shopping for new morning coffee beans.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:12 PM   #43
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I second the Caffe Verona, as I previously mentioned. Tough for me to find in whole bean here, but when I do... !
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #44

Around here, Starbucks beans often go on sale, and I stock up when they do. The recent sale price has been $6.99 for the 12 ounce bag. Since the regular price is $12.95 for a 16 ounce bag, that's a pretty good deal. Keep it in the freezer and it lasts a long time.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #45
Give me a forum ...

I need to buy my bag of Starbucks French Roast today. The policy seems to be spotty but one can almost always get a free coffee with a bag purchase. If they don't offer it outright, just ask. This used to be a standard.
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #46

Not sure about at the purchase point, but if you bring in your empty bag you can always get a free tall coffee for it.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:19 PM   #47
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post

Third, when I came back from several years living in Brazil (world's best coffee IMHO), I searched high and low for something drinkable here, and finally settled on Starbucks Caffe Verona as about the best of the lot. That is still my regular morning coffee, made simply in a drip machine.
Last Saturday I bought a pound of Caffe Verona, have enjoyed it for three days, and could easily get used to this coffee. It is definitely an improvement over most of the beans I have tried in the past couple of years. Even better, it is easy to buy, widely available and not too expensive. I'm still going to try a few others, but suddenly there is no need to rush, I now have a good option.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #48

The Hyatt I stayed in this weekend had the single-serving drip brews of Caffe Verona in our room. I was pleased. :-) Now I just need to get my local grocer to start carrying it again...
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Starbucks tests coffee with beer taste

Starbucks tests a stout and caramel flavored coffee drink.

Ha
IMHO, there is a special place in H%^LL for people who make flavored coffees with one exception - New Mexico Pinon coffee.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
Don't ever ask me for investment advice (if anyone would anyway) I thought the first version of Windows was silly too and told people not to invest in Microsoft.
That's what I thought about AOL when they went online. "Wow, that is so dumbed down no one will buy it". So much for my forecasting abilities.

Back on topic, DW has just informed me that she likes the store brand (Giant/Martins) coffee just as well as the name brand she was using so get that instead. I bought a small can for her to try in the hope that would be the result.

Surprisingly often the store brand is equal to and often even better than the name brands so when one goes on the shelf I'll be quick to try it. Not always of course but often enough to make the experiment worthwhile.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:23 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
That's what I thought about AOL when they went online. "Wow, that is so dumbed down no one will buy it". So much for my forecasting abilities.

Back on topic, DW has just informed me that she likes the store brand (Giant/Martins) coffee just as well as the name brand she was using so get that instead. I bought a small can for her to try in the hope that would be the result.

Surprisingly often the store brand is equal to and often even better than the name brands so when one goes on the shelf I'll be quick to try it. Not always of course but often enough to make the experiment worthwhile.
I'm in love with the Kroger Breakfast Blend. I could get the large can (lasts me about a month and a half) for 5.99 on sale but now it's gone up to 7.99 on sale! NO!!!

I figure that the cost of coffee and the 'expensive' flavored cream, I spend about 25 cents a POT for coffee!

I haven't had Starbucks in several years.

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
Don't ever ask me for investment advice (if anyone would anyway) I thought the first version of Windows was silly too and told people not to invest in Microsoft.
When word was that wireless was the next big thing, I was convinced that people would never become that attached to their mobile phones and would most certainly not give up their landlines. There was no logic in it at all to me. I owned a cellphone for a few years then gave it up. I have been without one for about 5 years now but it would seem I am one of a small minority.

I also didn't see how Starbucks would become that big when it's future success was being predicted. After all, it was just coffee

Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote