stereograms

Thanks for posting that. I had been wondering why I haven't seen any of these pictures in junk art shops anymore. They always fascinate me and I admit that I still don't understand them very well. I can't imagine how someone figured out how to create that effect. How do you find them in google?

I hate you. Never have seen a darn thing in the squiggles. Had hoped they had finally gone the way of the Rubic's cube.

i got nothin.

i wonder if using a widescreen format or different resolution distorts it enough to make it more difficult to discern?

Its a bird,i'd guess a goose as its feet seem webbed and are still extended making it appear to be the first flap for take off.

Theres a ton of them on Google images.
The key to resolving the image is to let your eyes focus on a point behind the picture then from about a foot away slowly move your head back and if your focus remains constant the image will appear. the first one is the toughest as you dont quite know what you are looking for, just have patience and it will happen sooner or later'
http://www.hidden-3d.com/index.php?id=gallery&pk=226

Feet aren't webbed. 3 seperate toes in front plus the little digit that extends behind the foot. Beak looks too short for a hummingbird. Maybe the narrow part of the long beak got cut off? And it has a long tail.

Is it a sailboat?

Theres a ton of them on Google images.
The key to resolving the image is to let your eyes focus on a point behind the picture then from about a foot away slowly move your head back and if your focus remains constant the image will appear. the first one is the toughest as you dont quite know what you are looking for, just have patience and it will happen sooner or later'
Starfish : Magical Stereograms - World of Eye Tricks and Hidden 3D

There are some cool animated ones on that site at link. I've never seen animated ones before.

Coach

Animated are tough, well it could be the rum and cokes that don't help, but once they start moving they are tough!

I see a bunch of colored pixels.

I don't have stereoscopic vision, never had. Have what is known as one lazy eye. Was a bummer, as a kid, when I was given a stereoscope, and I did not see the wonder of it.:(

Ok, so it's an eagle.. or a duck... or a hummingbird... or a goose.... no, a sailboat fer sure!

'Fess up you guys - you stoners have just been claiming there is something in stereoscopes to bug those of us not in on the joke. Yeah, just squint your eyes, focus on a spot a foot behind the image surface, and move your head back and forth. Now, hold your hands on your hips and cluck like a chicken while doing it. right. Not buying it here.

This may not help, but the purpose of the two red dots is to 'make it easier'. You try to focus beyond the picture until see three red dots. The further apart they are the deeper the image will become. It is one of those things that when you do it once it becomes easy. Until then you live in the 'Not buying it ville'. Sorry.

This may not help, but the purpose of the two red dots is to 'make it easier'. You try to focus beyond the picture until see three red dots. The further apart they are the deeper the image will become. It is one of those things that when you do it once it becomes easy. Until then you live in the 'Not buying it ville'. Sorry.

If you focus further back and make four red dots appear, you see two birds that are elongated along an axis perpendicular to the screen (ie projected towards you). But if you do that, the bird on the right looks like his head is chopped off and placed way in front of his body. And you get a headache.

Still not sure if it is a bird or a sailboat.

If you focus further back and make four red dots appear, you see two birds that are elongated along an axis perpendicular to the screen (ie projected towards you). But if you do that, the bird on the right looks like his head is chopped off and placed way in front of his body. And you get a headache.

Still not sure if it is a bird or a sailboat.

I was never able to do these things until a few months ago when I read about how they actually work and I could forget about all that "look past it" advice.

You just need to split your vision so that you are seeing double. When the middle two dots overlap so you see 3 dots not, two or four, hold that focus while looking at the center of the image. It will slowly take shape.

It's easier if you stare at the center image and just use your periffrial vision to line up the dots.

now ive got a headache....and still no go. wife thought i was funny though....cross eyed staring at the pc

now ive got a headache....and still no go. wife thought i was funny though....cross eyed staring at the pc

Keep trying it. You'll see the bird eventually. Or the sailboat.

no really. and don't forget the clucking like a chicken part.

You just need to split your vision so that you are seeing double. When the middle two dots overlap so you see 3 dots not, two or four, hold that focus while looking at the center of the image. It will slowly take shape.

I was with you until you talked about the middle two dots, there are dots? LOL.

I was with you until you talked about the middle two dots, there are dots? LOL.

Those two red marks at the top. you need to cross your eyes so that you see three marks instead of two. Just like the magic floating finger thing when you stick yout indx fingers together and cross your eyes.

You're just sitting back laughing at all of us you've got taking our glasses on and off, tripping over the dogs as move back and forth with our eyes crossed ...

Checking to be sure my webcam is not on ...

Back
Top Bottom