Stolen from TMF

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I couldn't resist:

"My wife works at a shopping channel, they do millions of dollars in sales but behind the facade it's really a Mom & Pop store, built with duct tape and twine ever since when.

There are about 1500 people in the call-center, where, of course, they take orders. Now on their old computer system, there was no place to put "comments", but clever folks that they were, they found if you kept hitting "return", you could get an infinite number of "lines" in the Address field, so that's what they did when they felt they needed to.

Usually that was stripped out by the people in the fulfillment end (who put the stuff in boxes) but not always.

So the big announcement yesterday was that they're getting a new computer system which has it's own "Comment" field, which might include things like "Please include an extra display box" or "She would like a cleaning cloth for the ring" or whatever.

No longer will the address ever go out saying:

Mrs. Sophie McClellan
1234 West Tower Lane
I hate dealing with this bitch
Denver, CO 44567 "

brewer12345 said:
Now on their old computer system, there was no place to put "comments", but clever folks that they were, they found if you kept hitting "return", you could get an infinite number of "lines" in the Address field, so that's what they did when they felt they needed to.

Way way back when I was just starting my IT career job, I had to take a list of thousands of addresses that had been hand-entered into a glorified word processing system over the years and extract usable addresses out of it. There were occasional, er, colorful comments in that file :)

LMAO!!! And I thought this was the only place they did things like that.

Back
Top Bottom