Study: False Statements Preceded War

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
An ABC News Article Study: False Statements Preceded War Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion

ABC News: Study: False Statements Preceded War

Two excerpts from the article
A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

End of excerpts.

The results of the false statements :(by the Old George W and company can be seen on
Forces: U.S. & Coalition/Casualties - Special Reports

For the supporters of the war please read the article and the CNN website (above) before you resort to the name calling and insults.

GOD BLESS:angel:

An ABC News Article Study: False Statements Preceded War Study: Bush, Other Officials Issued Hundreds of False Statements Before Iraq Invasion

ABC News: Study: False Statements Preceded War

Two excerpts from the article
A study by two nonprofit journalism organizations found that President Bush and top administration officials issued hundreds of false statements about the national security threat from Iraq in the two years following the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses."

End of excerpts.

The results of the false statements :(by the Old George W and company can be seen on
Forces: U.S. & Coalition/Casualties - Special Reports

For the supporters of the war please read the article and the CNN website (above) before you resort to the name calling and insults.

GOD BLESS:angel:

Glad to see CNN is an unbiased bastion of journalism............:rolleyes::D

This same story appeared on the Yahoo! home page as the lead "in the news story". Are there still people out there who believe that Saddam was behind 9-11?

The OP has started 31 threads, 28 of them in Other Topics, most of those of a politcal nature.

Enough!

This is an ER board with an Other Topics section for the occasional stray topic, not a soapbox for one's political or moral views.

I have the OP on ignore, but I still have to wade through these threads when viewing the threads in new posts.

The OP has started 31 threads, 28 of them in Other Topics, most of those of a politcal nature.

Enough!

This is an ER board with an Other Topics section for the occasional stray topic, not a soapbox for one's political or moral views.

I have the OP on ignore, but I still have to wade through these threads when viewing the threads in new posts.

But he is ER Military.

I have stopped with making these types of threads for a reason, I am sick of all of the BS that comes out of washington and our media .

Plus I am spending a whole lot of time now well RUNNING!! :D

But he is ER Military.

I have stopped with making these types of threads for a reason, I am sick of all of the BS that comes out of washington and our media .

Plus I am spending a whole lot of time now well RUNNING!! :D

He's pretty ANTI-MILITARY considering he was one. I thought I knew the definition of BITTER, but I am learning new variations every day........

I know, since I personally NEVER served, I have NO IDEA how things work........;)

That's ok, I still stick to outdated conservative views, I still vote and pay taxes, I am involved in my community, I put family first and God second, etc.

Maybe in 10 years I'll be the only one left on here.................:eek:

OP claims to be ex-military, however, I am the ex-king of England, or Bill Gates, or Einstein's long lost son. Claiming does not make it so. I am also a ex-fighter pilot. All or none could be true. The OP uses his '27 years in the military' to add credence to his post.

He is on my ignore list, and I tire of his continued anti-American threads!

The study concluded that the statements "were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to (substitute: a war on carbon) under decidedly false pretenses."

Geez, Wags - with that substitution, I would have thought the study was done on Al Gore's 'An Inconvenient Truth'.

-ERD50

The two nonprofit journalism organizations that conducted the study were "The Center for Public Integrity" and the "Fund for Independence in Journalism." While both have wholesome sounding names, the CPI is funded by George Soros, as well as the Streisand Foundation, the Los Angeles Times Foundation, and the Ford Foundation. These aren't exactly the most politically unbiased individuals/groups in the world. Most of the board members of the CPI are also members of the FIJ. These two organizations are closely linked, and they are decidedly liberal. Nonprofit does not mean unbiased.

Now, just because a group is liberal or conservative doesn't mean a study can't have merit. However, AP and CNN didn't bother to disclose the liberal politics of the financial backers of this study. Must have been an oversight.

There is nothing new in this study. It is a regurgitation of previous information. It is simply another opportunity for people to say, "Bush lied, people died." What these people fail to mention is that those on the left (e.g., Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Albright, etc) made the same claims - that Saddam had WMDs, and must be stopped.

Enough!

I thought I was the only one to notice that :D

He's pretty ANTI-MILITARY considering he was one. I thought I knew the definition of BITTER, but I am learning new variations every day........

I know, since I personally NEVER served, I have NO IDEA how things work........;)

That's ok, I still stick to outdated conservative views, I still vote and pay taxes, I am involved in my community, I put family first and God second, etc.

There is a real difference between being anti-war and anti-military (and neither one is necessarily anti-American). That said, I agree that continually starting provocative threads like this is not useful and I wish it would stop.

In my house family has always been first.

gods, be they sun, moon, thor, zeus or beelzebub have no place in the Zipper universe!

Back
Top Bottom