Suggest a cheap TV Remote - with this basic feature?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Googling for this just returned too many useless hits, so maybe the smart humans here can decode the request better:

We use OTA digital for our TVs (no cable) and there are dozens of stations that we pick up. But 4 or 5 that we commonly watch (and sometimes one of their sub.channels), and maybe another 6 we occasionally watch.

The TVs/remotes we have only let you select channels direct (punching in "3" "2" "." "1" ) or 'LAST' (for the last viewed). There is no list of "favorites" where we could have 10 common channels programmed. The TV also does not have this feature (if you pull it off the list, it won't let you select it even directly - stupid).

So, what I'm looking for is something cheap that can simply be programmed with ~ 10 favorite channels each assigned to their own button. Not some fancy, expensive LCD thing with a million options. I'm going to hit the stores today and look around, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Next closest would be something that accepts 10 'favorites' with an UP/DOWN button to scroll thru them, but I'd really prefer a button for each of ~ 10 favorites.

TIA- ERD50

You want a One-For-All remote with a Favorites button.
In the CBL/SAT or TV mode,you can store a list of up to 10 favorite channels, in any order,that will be immediately scanned when FAV is pressed (see Using Channel Scan on the previous page).

That remote also allows you to program macros, which are good, but you can only record two macros for each device (on ours at least).

It works like this:

PROGRAMMING FAVORITE
CHANNEL SCAN
In the TV , VCR, DVD or CBL/SAT mode, you
can store a list of up to 10 favorite channels,
in any order, that will be immediately
scanned when you press FAV (see “Using
Channel Scan” on page11).
NOTE: Only channels of one mode can be
stored for Favorite Channel Scan.
1.On the remote control, press TV , VCR,
DVD or CBL/SAT once.
2.Press and hold SET until the LED (red
light) blinks twice, then release SET .
3.Enter 9 9 6. The LED will blink twice.
4.Use the keypad to enter a favorite
channel number (e.g., 031). Then press
SET once.
NOTE: If the original remote control required
pressing an ENTER key to change the channel,
also press the ENTER key after the channel
number (e.g., 0 3 1 ENTER).
5.If desired, repeat step 4 (in this
section) for each favorite channel to be
stored, up to a total of 10 channels.

Here is the manual for ours: Manual

one_for_all_urc8820.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll look for those while I'm out.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom