Suing spammers for a living

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
I like it...

Daniel Balsam hates spam. Most everybody does, of course. But he has acted on his hate as few have, going far beyond simply hitting the delete button. He sues them. Eight years ago, Balsam was working as a marketer when he received one too many e-mail pitches to enlarge his breasts.

Enraged, he launched a website called Danhatesspam.com, quit a career in marketing to go to law school and is making a decent living suing companies who flood his e-mail inboxes with offers of cheap drugs, free sex and unbelievable vacations.
Man quits job, makes living suing spammers

Enraged, he launched a website called Danhatesspam.com, quit a career in marketing to go to law school and is making a decent living suing companies who flood his e-mail inboxes with offers of cheap drugs, free sex and unbelievable vacations.

He's suing them? :confused: Ahhhh...that's a shame.

:angel:

Gotta be a tough way to make a living. Imagine all the "enhancement", cheap drugs, and free sex that he's missing out on...

That file has been emetically sealed...

Well shoot - i thought the prof had asbestos underpants and a deaf ear to sniping, as well as a less than social way of communicating. Did someone finally get to him? And i missed it? As much time as i spend here how do i miss all the good stuff?!

Well shoot - i thought the prof had asbestos underpants and a deaf ear to sniping, as well as a less than social way of communicating. Did someone finally get to him? And i missed it? As much time as i spend here how do i miss all the good stuff?!

Wow - looks like he's been 'disappeared'! -ERD50

Funny you should use the word "shoot"-- the mods gave the rest of the board an early Christmas present.

I, too, miss the former practice of moderators holding public executions "pour encourager les autres"...

REWahoo, you'll like this as well.

Apparently there's no legal degree required to mess with a "419" spammer, i.e. the guys who e-mail with: "Perhaps you can help me. I am the only heir to a vast west African fortune and I am seeking a confidential partner for a $50,000,000 business transaction..."

Google "419 scam" and eat up some of the web sites run by serious scam-baiters. Caution: not all of the correspondence is family-friendly, but many of the example e-mail strings are hilarious.

The best baiters can convince Prince Daniel to send his picture as evidence of his good faith, complete with a pose or sign board symbolic of a secret message known only to the two correspondents. One of the best even convinced a couple of scammers to make a video of a Monty Python sketch:

Dead Parrot sketch - Scammer style! on Vimeo

ojukwu_damisa4%28t%29.jpg

george_ibik%28t%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom