Who are you rooting for?

• Steelers

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Sheryl said:
I'm so sick of the BS legal battles.

The latest one that is making me puke is the people who bought the book about the recovering drug addict (A Thousand Little Pieces or something?) and are now suing to recover the time they wasted reading it - as they were led to believe it was true..... :confused: :confused: :confused:  Where will it end?

I can now see a warning on every piece of non-fiction:

Warning, the events in this book are believed to be true to the best of our knowledge and belief but have not been officially verified and confirmed by the publisher, and therefore we make no express or implied warrantee to their correctness, blah blah blah blah...

{puke icon here}
I was reading that book at my local McDonalds.  When Oprah revealed the book was partial fiction I got so upset that I spilled that really hot coffee all over myself.
Soo, I'm mislead--fat---burned and soon to be rich :-\

My fav is the warning not to eat the packet of dessicant included with many products. :-\

Damn, I was really hungry, too... ;)

Or the one on plastic bags saying do not place over your head.

I just wish I could make some bags that say "If you're dumb enough to put this over your head, please do."

Sheryl said:
I'm so sick of the BS legal battles.

The latest one that is making me puke is the people who bought the book about the recovering drug addict (A Thousand Little Pieces or something?) and are now suing to recover the time they wasted reading it - as they were led to believe it was true..... :confused: :confused: :confused:  Where will it end?
Having watched the weasel-talking publisher draw a careful semantic line between "memoir" and "autobiography", as well as her acknowledgment that they swore to Oprah's staff last year that they'd fact-checked the book... I can understand why people would sue. Extracting money would be an unexpected bonus-- you're suing just to make them spend their days giving depositions to lawyers. Nothing cruel or unusual about that type of punishment.

Of course they might think they've already been punished enough for pissing off a billionaire. I'm sure Oprah will continue to attempt to punish them in ever-more-creative ways.

I guess it all depends on what the definition of "is" is. I wonder who published Clinton's memoirs and who fact-checked that manuscript?

I wonder if the publisher's reimbursement offer constitutes an admission of guilt!

In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Steeler's fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steeler's fans too. Not really knowing what a Steeler's fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different... "Because I am not a Steeler's fan" says Timmy. The teacher then asked, "What are you?" Timmy said "I'm a Seahawk's fan." The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Seahawk's fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Seahawk's fans so I'm a Seahawk's fan too." The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?" Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steeler's fan."

Sheryl said:
In a school just outside of Pittsburgh, a first grade teacher explained to her class that she is a Steeler's fan. She asked her students to raise their hands if they were Steeler's fans too. Not really knowing what a Steeler's fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands all went up into the air. However, there was one exception. A little boy named Timmy had not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asked him why he had decided to be different... "Because I am not a Steeler's fan" says Timmy. The teacher then asked, "What are you?" Timmy said "I'm a Seahawk's fan." The teacher was a little perturbed now, her face slightly red, she asked Timmy why he was a Seahawk's fan. "Well, my mom and dad are Seahawk's fans so I'm a Seahawk's fan too." The teacher was now angry. "That's no reason" she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot?" Timmy smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Steeler's fan."
Wow Sheryl, that's pretty harsh stuff :eek: :eek:
Tell you what I'll do.  If you'll send me a fresh C-note, I won't send your post to the Steelers for their bulletin board. ;)

Ooooohhhh,  I'm sooooo skeeerd!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe you should post this site on their board instead. 

Sheryl said:
Ooooohhhh,  I'm sooooo skeeerd!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe you should post this site on their board instead. 

Now you've really gone and done it :mad: :mad:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually that's fairly priceless ;)

I liked the note at the end best, but I'm not tasteless enough to post that on the board. ;)

I think boob girl is very tasty...err...tasteful.

Cute fuzzy bunny would employ many kitchen utensils for spanking purposes on boob girl. In fact, this nice silicone spatula would...oh hello and good morning Mrs CFB...yes, I was thinking of making pancakes this morning...

Back
Top Bottom